Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Calling Mudrat

John, since I PM'd you on the tenth and haven't heard back, and since you told me your cell # has changed, I don't know how else to contact you. I'm interested in getting my bumpers and was wondering what the status is. In July, they were waiting to be powdercoated.If that is still the hold up, send them raw. I'll get them powdercoated here and back charge you the cost. Please stay in touch.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at the point where if I can't have my bumpers, I want my money back.

Let's look at this from a different angle - let's say I got the bumpers from you, John, on December 11th of last year and you were waiting on the money. I could come up with every conceivable excuse as to why you didn't have the money yet, but that wouldn't do anything in the way of settling what would be owed you. How would you feel?

I at least would expect some communication, and maybe a firm delivery or reimbursement date.

I was worried about posting in this thread, because i didn't want to start a lynch mob, but i do want my adapter plate. It looks like there may be an employment opportunity in Seattle, but i can't go out there until i get the 88 running :-\ so, pretty please with sugar on top....

When I spoke with John at the show, he told me his cell phone # was given to another party. I see he posted recently on the 13th, so he is still active on the board. I believe I have a vialble phone # for him and will try calling him after I get back from moose hunting next week. Right now I have the need to kill something.

Wow, I've read alot of threads like this kinda making me think twice about ordering a trannie with an LSD installed. At least not cash up front anyways.

agreed...but I need a 'new' tranny, EJ adapter plate, and front LSD would be really nice to go along with it....I hope this works out.

He ripped me off over a year ago.. was supposed to get a lift kit for my '78 Brat... He said he shipped it althogh I never got it, he never gave me a tracking # either... I've left Multiple emails and phone calls since then with no replies. $650 I'll never see again... BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Steve in Denver

I did a whois on oregonoffroadsubaruclub.org. I got another street address and phone number, if this means anything to anyone....

Be pissed, do what you have to do to reclaim your $. But do NOT publish his private info. He has children, several of them, and they did nothing to you.

Yeah Ive decided to pass on business with Mr Mudrat.

I'll start working on a more reliable source (myself) for the EJ/EA adapter and get back with you once I have that squared away.

Excellent idea; all the info can be had here on the forums. I think you can do it yourself and have great results.

Then they can go to the link you provided and find it themselves. I do not like the idea of publishing peoples private info. I would edit it it if your info was posted Morgan just as I have Mudrat's. If someone wishes to find that info then that is their option. To publish it here or else where(IMO, as some have pointed out doesn't matter much) is not any better than not completing the deals or not communicating about them.

Then they can go to the link you provided and find it themselves. I do not like the idea of publishing peoples private info. I would edit it it if your info was posted Morgan just as I have Mudrat's. If someone wishes to find that info then that is their option. To publish it here or else where(IMO, as some have pointed out doesn't matter much) is not any better than not completing the deals or not communicating about them.

I agree; it could have been handled better. I simply didnt want to see the messanger get shot :) Internic is the one publishing everyone's information to the internet.

Maybe someone should tell John that his info is posted for all the world to see in Internic's database of registerd domain names. He might not be aware that this is even happening.

I started this post on the 18th. I have called his house and left a message on the recorder. I have sent a PM. I have sent an e-mail. I see John has been on the board several times since the start of this posting. Why is he not communicating with people he owes money or products?

He has helped me on a number of occations... all of which i walked away happy...i bought my car from him and he has been backing his sale (by giving me constant help) and i don't think i could have dealt with a much better person...

the fact that he has gone the extra mile for me and for others on multiple occations shows that he is good guy...

if you want to get some results outa him phone him! although he has a different cell #... i feel sorry for the poor guy who got his old #...

I have been able to talk to him around once every 2 months (depending on how much stuff brakes on my car)...

so maybe you should give him a call... he will get the job done...

and besides some places in australia i don't think your going to find another place to make an ej/ea adaptor kit...

thats my take...