Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Today's Salvage Yard Excursion

Well I finally got moved into my new apartment so I decided to go search the junk yards today before work for some parts for my Brat. I live in central Utah so there are a few around.

I really needed a new cabin dome light switch/light/cover since mine was broken and had no cover, but I was also searching for some rear seats for the Brat.

The first place I went had a lot of old subarus, the guy said he thought he had a Brat but I didn't find one. I did find the light fixture stuff I needed, and even in the right color. I put it in and it works fine, the light doesn't come on when I open the doors, but it comes on when I put the switch in the ON position so that's fine for me.

I saw a pre 80's red wagon there, I couldn't find anything wrong with it. It was in pretty nice shape, but I couldn't really check to see if it started. It was really in good condition for its age. Engine probably died and the owner left it on the side of the road or something.

The second place I went the lady said they had a few Brats, but I couldn't find any in the yard. Found a couple El Caminos and some Mazda hybrid truck that looked similar to a Brat.

I'm at work now hopefully I can go a couple more places this week sometime. At least I got what I really needed :)

- Harv

1984 Subaru Brat

The Pick and Pull in SLC has a silver Brat with T-tops and I believe it had seats in the back.

A peak through the fence could confirm that. :brow:

I know of several other yards around...lemme know what your looking for, I may have it/know where it is?

Good Luck,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Wagon

01 Forester

I saw a pre 80's red wagon there, I couldn't find anything wrong with it. It was in pretty nice shape, but I couldn't really check to see if it started. It was really in good condition for its age. Engine probably died and the owner left it on the side of the road or something.

If you go back please let me know what it is.Thanks.

You might be able to make a few bucks if there's something worth getting.I need a really nice radiator for a 1600 (EA71),and some other goodies.

The Pick and Pull in SLC has a silver Brat with T-tops and I believe it had seats in the back.

A peak through the fence could confirm that. :brow:

Wow I will have to check that out sometime this week if I get some time. Right now all I am looking for is the rear seats / seats frame so I can put the rear seats into my brat. It would be nice if they had the seatbelts/headrests, but that's not a priority.

Other than that I'm looking for a 32/36 Weber as I think the carb is about to go on my Brat.

Moosens, the old wagon was a Gen1 it had the round headlights etc.. It looked like this but red, and the exterior was in almost as good condition.

http://contact.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4564410242

I can go back later this week with my digicam and get some pictures for you if I get some time.

You know what now that I think of it I might go back to get the seats out of the same wagon I took the light fixture from. The interior was the same color as my Brat, and I don't remember them being ripped or torn. My brat's seats are a little torn and I have to use seat covers. Will the GL Wagon seats fit in the brat cab? I figure they probably will.

- Harv