Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wheres all the "monster Brats" at

JWX

If it seemed like I was attacking someone, I'm sorry. I've gotten hit quite a few times over the things that I've done, and people demanding "proof". It does get a bit tireing sometime.

I can understand on the not likeing the bobbing, it has kind of a love/hate thing with me, I like the departure angle, but I hate not haveing my bed to store things, or carry things (like my dirt bike) and I sure can't sleep in it any more. Although when I did mine, I did retain the one thing in the rear that makes it more "Bratlike", the tailgate, fully functional too. Pic of tail.

I would love to see pics of other 6" brats, Adam's is the only one I have seen.( and I KNOW how well his works, hard to keep up with!) I liked the "monster wagon" too, but that's more lift than I will ever run on my oun car. If any of U have pics of big lifts (6" or more) post 'em I'd love to see 'em.

An interesting thread this has become. I think a bit too much emphasis is put on a couple measly inches ; to each his own I say, as a good driver in a stock sube can spank the hell out of a crappy driver in a lifted f150.

The difference between the 4" and 6" lifts are that one has been extensively used and tested by many on opposite sides of the world practically, and the other is a custom fab job that depends on the individual building it. As for me personally, I trust a 4" lift does the trick as the hatch patrol has more than adequately proven, but it still doesn't quite provide the "look" of an off-road beast that I am looking for, plus I'm after larger tires than a pk can accomate. Practically speaking the pk's are the way to go, but practicality isn't what everyone's after.

Soobme: check out the Little Mule, that one is 6" and is in the Subarubicon thread along side mudrat's 12" lift.

check out Subarubrat's ride. He has a 6 inch lift with a chevy 6 cyl, I believe he has a LSD and some other assorted modifications. They are all cool with me. 4 inches is plenty to get around, depends on the driver and other mods and where you are etc...6 inches is cool too. I like the look of both.'

4 inches....6 inches.....whatever, It's not the size of the lift it's how you use it. SOME people have a lift inferiority complex around here........A.K.A LIFT ENVY