Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Started a group buy for lift kits

Shadyirishmen

100% if you read the whole add, we are going to guarantee two week delivery. or you get at first a $25 dollar discount and if its longer than 3 weeks we will discount it for 50%. I don't want the extended delay we had with the wheels. Also we manufacture these in house so we can get them out at our leisure.

James Malarkey

Allied Armament www.alliedarmament.com

would these be available in a more timely manner than the wheel group buy?

Not really the best price.

-Brian

not as cheap as pk/byb...but didn't I hear that he's not making them anymore?

ask me (someone who's had, and tested, to some extent, the kit in question), it's worth it, We'll be buying one for my gf's car when I get around to building it...

I agree, 700 bucks for a 4" lift that eats CV's isnt too good of a price at all.

I don't see what you people are talking about....I've gone through a bunch on the front, but the axle angles on the front are no different than the BYB...I've only actually destroyed one, and dismantled another (which I'm still using, btw), and I blame that, mostly, on the fact that I had the blocks adjusted up almost another entire inch...it's a 5" lift that eat's rear DOJ's, or a pretty sweet 4" kit!

any time you modify a vehicle to be able to run larger tires than what it was designed for, and then run larger tires, you are gonna put more stress of the joints. even with new tranny mounts, engine mounts, bearings, etc... you still are going above and beyond the original design specs.

I've had to replace many axles with the different lifted soobs I've had. all BYB design kits.

Whether you buy a BYB Kit from Ozified, a AA lift from Shady, or a Mudrat lift, you will replace axles. it's a given.

all 3 of these kits are still priced way below what it would cost to do a Unibody lift on any other vehicle. quit complaining.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but what was the outcome of this?

Did anyone actually buy one?

Have they been happy or disappointed?

How much actual lift was gained?

What is a realistic size tire that can be used?

Any pics?

Sorry, new to this forum, lol.

The "Sticky" at the top of the Offroad section will help to answer a bunch of your questions as far as tire size and all that.

Depending on what you want for a lift; I would highly suggest building your own kit. You are going to have to bolt in on either way, so you may as well learn the extra bit, and do it yourself. They aren't very complicated, and theres a few people on here who would be glad to walk you through the process. All of these kits consist of simple cut up steel blocks, and a few slightly more complicated parts. If you hunt around; you can probably find someone to build you the more complicated parts for fairly cheap, and the rest is well within most peoples abilities.