Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Removing an airbag from a 1993 Legacy

Should be some bolts attached through the back of the steering wheel, probably need a stubby screwdriver (Don'yt know what head, I know GM likes to use Torx on some of their air bags..) but it should be bolted on from the back.. PRolly 3 or 4 of them, just look behind the wheel for some holes..

Once you get that mutha out you can do one of two things:

1) Stick it face up in a tire and connect a 9 volt battery (FROM A DISTANCE!) to the connector on the back and watch it go boom. Be glad you weren't in the car when it went off. Drink a beer.

2) Sell it on ebay

3) If it's already gone off, the bags are quite sturdy and work great for carying parts, etc.. once you get the white powder off..

Thanks my Subaru Brother..I'll opt. for the 2nd choice on the list.

Should be some bolts attached through the back of the steering wheel, probably need a stubby screwdriver (Don'yt know what head, I know GM likes to use Torx on some of their air bags..) but it should be bolted on from the back.. PRolly 3 or 4 of them, just look behind the wheel for some holes..

Once you get that mutha out you can do one of two things:

1) Stick it face up in a tire and connect a 9 volt battery (FROM A DISTANCE!) to the connector on the back and watch it go boom. Be glad you weren't in the car when it went off. Drink a beer.

2) Sell it on ebay

3) If it's already gone off, the bags are quite sturdy and work great for carying parts, etc.. once you get the white powder off..