Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fuel injection anyone?

For awhile my 92 Loyale SPFI EA 82 would sputter and cough when I gave it gas around the lower RPM's, then choke and stall itself. Yesterday it did thsi again when I tried to drive it, stalled and not want to start. It seemed to choke itself when I gave it gas to accelerate, but only in lower RPMs going down the freeway it would be ok.

-

I replaced the plugs, all ok getting good spark. replaced the fuel filter. I'm thinking it may be a clogged fuel injection because of the sputtering or clogged cat? Any suggestions? Anyone had a problem like this with their sooby?

Thanks

throttle posistion sensor..

or mass air flow sensor

but i am leaning towards the throttle position sensor

remember what the plugs looked like?

grey in color ?

black?

brown?

Plugs looked fine, they are only 3months old. The cap and rotor were pretty nasty, corroded and grooved. I replaced those along with new plug wires. Still nothing. So I'm thinking what you are thinking about the MAF or the TPsensor. Do you know the ohms amount that they should register? I'm at a loss. Thanks for your help!

The problem turned out to be a bad ignition coil. It was leaking all over the place after I chaged the plug wires. The oil was almost drained out of it. So $90 later I got everything working. Thanks for all of the help! For those that have the same problem, check the ignition coil and make sure it is not leaking oil.

Thanks