Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fuel injection anyone?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:37 AM

For awhile my 92 Loyale SPFI EA 82 would sputter and cough when I gave it gas around the lower RPM's, then choke and stall itself. Yesterday it did thsi again when I tried to drive it, stalled and not want to start. It seemed to choke itself when I gave it gas to accelerate, but only in lower RPMs going down the freeway it would be ok.

-

I replaced the plugs, all ok getting good spark. replaced the fuel filter. I'm thinking it may be a clogged fuel injection because of the sputtering or clogged cat? Any suggestions? Anyone had a problem like this with their sooby?

Thanks

#2 oddcomp

oddcomp

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,763 posts
  • longview ,wa

Posted 22 August 2005 - 01:18 PM

throttle posistion sensor..
or mass air flow sensor

but i am leaning towards the throttle position sensor
remember what the plugs looked like?
grey in color ?
black?
brown?

#3 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:28 PM

throttle posistion sensor..
or mass air flow sensor

but i am leaning towards the throttle position sensor
remember what the plugs looked like?
grey in color ?
black?
brown?

Plugs looked fine, they are only 3months old. The cap and rotor were pretty nasty, corroded and grooved. I replaced those along with new plug wires. Still nothing. So I'm thinking what you are thinking about the MAF or the TPsensor. Do you know the ohms amount that they should register? I'm at a loss. Thanks for your help!

#4 kingbobdole

kingbobdole

Mr. XT-6

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  • Longmont

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:12 AM

also check the coolant temp sensor... check all the connectors for grodies...... usually da green corosion is what gets me all the time

#5 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the help! Any other suggestions on what to check out?

#6 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:03 PM

The problem turned out to be a bad ignition coil. It was leaking all over the place after I chaged the plug wires. The oil was almost drained out of it. So $90 later I got everything working. Thanks for all of the help! For those that have the same problem, check the ignition coil and make sure it is not leaking oil.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users