Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bellingham here I come!!!!!

So the hatch is making its way back to Washington.

Im going to go to Western Washington University for a year I should be leaving Colorado on or around the 4th of Sept.

Mainly just want to let everyone know the Tan hatch is going to be around and to keep me in mind for 4x4 fun.

I'm in need of a place to live once I reach Bellingham and I have a dog (always a problem when renting) any help in this regard would be great.

I dont have the internet at home so its tough to stay on top of a post like this free bumps are greatly appreciated. (even if i can't spell it!)

Looking forward to winter fun with you guys!!!!

Wow I feel welcome already:grin:

Thanks everyone for your replys!

Zap I will need directions to your house I also don't have your Phone # anymore, at least not that I can find. I'm looking forward to meeting all the new additions to the house. Is Svengouli7's wagon done maybe he would be down for some 4x4 fun if he's around! The Prodical Son returns:)

Sweet82 that would be a great place to pull off the road.

I want to check out this thing your calling a subaru too!

Drop me a line and we'll plan a date. Its looking like I have to stick around here on the fourth for a keg party(they twisted my arm I swear) so it will be like mid week sometime when im in your neck of the woods.

ShamanDave we share the same name at least the Dave part maybe I'll see you around.

MudisFun thanks for the #'s I will give you guys a call when I reach B'Ham, thanks for keeping an ear out for a place to live if you hear of anything let me know.

Beegeer are you still around B'ham?

Im going to WWU through the exchange program at my home school here in Colorado. Im going to school for Art Education k-12 teaching.

Im planing on just taking fun classes maybe metal sculpture plan to build a custom front end for the subaru and paint it a pretty color that washes off stand it up right and call it a sculpture get an A in the class mount finished bumper to the front end.:brow: We'll see with any luck the classes will transfer back to my home school.

Thanks again everyone cant wait to Get into subaru antics with all of you.

Wow I feel welcome already:grin:

Zap I will need directions to your house I also don't have your Phone # anymore, at least not that I can find. I'm looking forward to meeting all the new additions to the house. If Svengouli7's wagon done maybe he would be down for some 4x4 fun if he's around! The Prodical Son returns:)

I sent you a pm with my #. Sven's wagon is doubtful in my opinion. . . :lol: But I have the Toyota now. !! My buddy Brian has a landcruiser, Ken has his Brat, we might even be able to talk Tex into getting his show car dirty. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Yes!

The power of the ea81 is amazing! I think I broke the speed limit once all the way from colorado!

Thanks to a kind board member in seattle with a impreza and balls to drive it, I had a blast before I pulled into bellingham and a comfy bed.

I'm looking into moving into a place sometime this week.

The guy that lives there is a VW person but has room for the hatch!

I'm talking garage to lay on instead of a driveway.

oh yeah and he has a pool table too!!!!!!lookout singletrack ; )

Supposed to meet up with MudisFun and drink a cold one tonight, Yes!

Sorry I didnt stop in to see summer sweet82 but there was a system of errors that led me to an oil change in walmart's parking lot and exhaust woes that prevented me from stopping in.

Hey, welcome to WA state. Our winters are very mild here, at least they are 15 min south of Seattle where I live. I was just up that way by Sumas on the Canadian Border. I was staying in a cabin in a park called Silver Lake. I finally got to hike Winchester Mountain after 8 years of living here. I needed a high clearance preferably 4wd vehicle. I just got the 2006 Forester and it made it to the trailhead with no problems. Other vehicles have to park 2 miles down the road where it's not as bad, so it adds 4 miles onto the trip. It was a 1,500 ft hike up to 6,450 ft on top of a mountain w/a fire look out and 360 degree views. You have to get into hiking in your spare time. Coming here and not hiking is like going to Hawaii and not going in the water.

The rain isn't as bad as they say it is. It can say rain and it won't a lot of times or it's only in certain areas. You will learn how to avoid it to by driving for the day to the east side of WA where it's drier at times, but the rainy season is starting now. What's nice is we have tons of evergreen trees so it's always green and even lawns are green in the winter, so it's not desolate looking like areas with trees that lose their leaves in the winter. You're gonna love it here. The people are nice too.

I'm sorry I can't help as far as a rental place. You can try accessing a library for computer time and look up the Seattle Post Intelligencer and the Seattle Times online for apt ads. I know toting your furry friend with you does make it more difficult. I think you may not have a hard time, but the renter will ask for a big cleaning deposit, maybe like an extra one for you having a pet that may be refundable when you leave.

See if you can google up a local Bellingham newspaper for classified ads for rentals too. I think the ads in the big newspapers are broken down by calling them east side, west side, north, etc., so you have to know the areas name, not that it's just Bellingham sometimes.

Good luck and I commend you for taking the pooch instead of leaving your doggie behind or in some shelter. Some people make up crazy excuses to dump their pet! I have a Chihuahua myself. She just flew with me to NY and was in a carrier under the seat in front of me for the trip. She's only 3-1/2 pounds. She's been there 4 times and is not even 3 years old yet! She also did that mountain hike by sitting in a front loading pouch.

Side note: Dogs are allowed in National Parks like Rainier, Mt. Baker etc., but not the visitor's center on them and they are not allowed on their trails, but you can take a dog in the park and up to the visitor's center. When you get here, make a quick trip to Artist's Point on Mount Baker. Soon the snow will be back on the trails there.

Bye, Capri

Ya. NO kidding.. where are you staying? How did the trip go? I'm living up here on NorthFork Road, just across the river from the excellent North Fork Beer. How are classes going for you??

My friend had a hard time finding a place to rent with her two dogs. I know that there are some relatively cheap apartments on Bakerview near Guide Meridian that allow pets. Also over on Northwest Ave you may find a few places that would take pooch.

Yeah

So I found a place to live on cedarwood ave. Its not to far away from the school or the mtn. bike trails. Now to find the 4x4fun.

Thanks for the link and the working link.

I sent most of you a pm with my # but If missed ya send me yours. I would like to get out with some other subaru's and tear up something so drop me a line!

Peace

I'll have to keep my eyes out too. Just moved over to Bellingham from Spokane. Seen lots of subies. If any of you guys see a white 84 wagon with lots of stickers on it and a ski rack feel free to say high. I don't post much on the message board but its helped keep my car running for the last 5 years.

dustyrider what year/ model is your subie?

Does anyone know who drives the red turbo wagon 80-84? It has wcss stickers on it and I've seen it around campus??

I'll have to keep my eyes out too. Just moved over to Bellingham from Spokane. Seen lots of subies. If any of you guys see a white 84 wagon with lots of stickers on it and a ski rack feel free to say high. I don't post much on the message board but its helped keep my car running for the last 5 years.

dustyrider what year/ model is your subie?

Does anyone know who drives the red turbo wagon 80-84? It has wcss stickers on it and I've seen it around campus??

aaaaaa..

its a 86 tan hatch!