Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Justy Help!

Hi,

I am not sure if you can help me or not but I have to try. I just replaced my engine in my Subaru Justy GL 1990 fuel injection and 4 wd with a engine from a junk yard. Now that we have it in it seems to not be getting any fuel. I tries to start but acts like there is no gas. Do you know what it could be or what we can do? God bless, AnnMarie

Will it run on starting fluid?

Is there any gas in the fuel filter.

Could you pull the gas line and see if anything is there...be careful.

Is the pump pumping?

Are you getting a spark? Don't check this with any gas/vapors present.

You'll find the problem.

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

• 2 weeks later...

Though i would post a question with an old topic. I talked to atk engines in cali. They said to call back in a month i did. Was told at first they had a motor for 1300 with a core of 200 all free shipping. I called back a month later and they said they did not get a 1.2 litre in. So anyone got any ideas on finding one or was thinking of going to canada and looking for a mechanic to have it rebuilt. Thanks for all the advice. Drive safely..

bob

deming,wa

Back to the ORIGINAL thread,,, it does sound like you may have gas/return lines crossed. When you turn the key & try starting , you should be able to hear the fuel pump clicking, under the drivers side of the car. You can also, post your topics/problems on this board, which is entirely for Justys.

http://subarujusty.proboards20.com/