Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another CT Cook-Out...Anyone up 4 it?

Since I had a good turn out earlier this summer for the Meet The Coupe party. I decided to see if anyone is up for another End Of Summer Fest.Food and Good People!.

But this time there is a small alterior motive...My Loyale is in need of some work that I dont trust myself in doing alone without someone there who actually knows what they are doing. I just dont have the confidence in myself to do the timing belt change without guidence.Actually my hope is to replace All the belts ,oil pump gasket,valve cover gaskets,oil pan, and crank seals. Plus his clutch is spent but I dont think anyone wants to try and tackle that.

So if anyone is up for it lets get some dates up. I have a grill and will provide food. Those who were here before know its easy to find and my door is open ...and michelle ..the toilet is fixed:grin:.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close enough that I'll certainly be there.

Any weekend you say is fine.

But THIS weekend we invade the Pine Barrens!!!RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connie,if you can get a flywheel for resurfacing I can load the engine crane into my car and we can all attack Bucky.Or find out if there's a shop that'll resurface the flywheel on Saturday,we can have it out by 10-11 AM.

We can take the engine out and do everything on your list....you cook.:)

Are you serious about laying down the cash for all those parts at once?Don't forget,I get a discount on parts from the dealer.I'll help you out if you need the good stuff.There's always Advanced,etc. for the belts,clutch,etc...At Bucky's age,maybe that's not such a bad idea,but I know how you feel about the car....

24th will work for me.

Sending Tom down would be ideal!! If the weather is nice,hmmm,maybe I can but him lunch for helping me shift some stuff over to another small unit I rented right near the one with all the stuff.....hmmmm.....lemme know if he's willing.Thanks!;)

24th will work for me.

Sending Tom down would be ideal!! If the weather is nice,hmmm,maybe I can but him lunch for helping me shift some stuff over to another small unit I rented right near the one with all the stuff.....hmmmm.....lemme know if he's willing.Thanks!;)

Paulyburger,

Call me ,email me,PM me,send smoke signals..Tommy and me will be available to help you anytime you need..you know that. I just dont have cell phone signal from his house. He is having troubles with his truck right now but should hopefully be cleared up soon but who knows..its a Toyota:-\ But he is willing to help you anytime..you know he loves you:brow:

If you guys are serious about wanting to tackle the clutch I have a line on a new resurfaced flywheel and clutch kit..just need to go out and get a throw out bearing.

Let me know what ya'll want to eat..if burgers and dogs are fine or if you want some chicken OR I just learned how to make some awesome chicken quesadillas

speaking fro myself here....burgers and dogs are good for me and michelle. It is totally up to you and Paul as to what we can tackle in a days work. Paul is the EA guru and I am just an apprentice on that stuff. Did anyone say anything to Andrew and subafreak about this? I know freak is a mechanic somewhere and would be a huge asset to have for this work detail.

Yeah sounds like a date to me. Anyone know how to grill corn? I'll bring the corn:brow:

Shouldn't be big deal to rip out the motor and hit from both sides and drop it back in, lets just make sure we will have everything we need to compleat the job........lots of beer.:banana:

Yeah sounds like a date to me. Anyone know how to grill corn? I'll bring the corn:brow:

Shouldn't be big deal to rip out the motor and hit from both sides and drop it back in, lets just make sure we will have everything we need to compleat the job........lots of beer.:banana:

Hocrest is the corn grilling God!!

Jessie...what all do you think I need for this job...I want to make sure I have everything for it....my friends just gave me an early B day gift...$125 gift cert for Auto Zone (do my girls know me or what?). I have a flywheel,clutch and pressure plate coming via Kingbobdole and I kniow I need to get a throw out bearing. Paulyburger gave me instructions to PB blast a few things the night before. I have the valve cover gaskets and the little ringingy things and an oil pan gasket ..need the oil pump gasket and the cam seals...

Do you think I should grab new motor mounts?

Hocrest is the corn grilling God!!

Jessie...what all do you think I need for this job...I want to make sure I have everything for it....my friends just gave me an early B day gift...$125 gift cert for Auto Zone (do my girls know me or what?). I have a flywheel,clutch and pressure plate coming via Kingbobdole and I kniow I need to get a throw out bearing. Paulyburger gave me instructions to PB blast a few things the night before. I have the valve cover gaskets and the little ringingy things and an oil pan gasket ..need the oil pump gasket and the cam seals...

Do you think I should grab new motor mounts?

If you can get motor mounts and exhaust gaskets you're all set.....err,unless you want new pumps,etc.....