Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Today, as I was waiting on my regular oil change/tire rotation, I test drove the new B9 Tribeca.

If you overlook the aesthetic qualities (or lack thereof), it's a flippin' sweet car. The H6 engine and the sport-shift semi-auto transmission were amazing. I was barely touching the gas and the car was zooming down Lemmon Avenue. I also noticed that Subaru is starting to go back to the digi-dash. The engine temperature and fuel gauges were black/white liquid crystal, while the other gauges (tach and speed) were needles with electroluminescent backlight.

The model I drove had an on-board computer display in the center of the dashboard, not the GPS as shown in the fully loaded models. It displayed a clock, outdoor temperature, and another section of the display that switched between average fuel mileage, instantaneous fuel mileage, and fuel range.

The Tribeca handled well, braked well, accelerated VERY well, and is relatively cheaper than other SUVs of its class. In short, the Subaru B9 Tribeca is an amazing vehicle, and I highly recommend it.

We Pick ours up next week.

Nice enough SUV (wife's car). Good value for loaded model, especially with negotiated price.

My question is (for all the boxer 3.0 6's) about adding a supercharger or turbo to the engine?

Any info on this?

It is the same engine as the Legacy outback, etc....

Mike

Thinking about mods before it's even delivered? Sounds like something for the "You know you're a Subaru owner if..." thread. :grin:

Now that's funny....

Well, a better performing SUV is much more expensive and without the bells and whistles.

Since Subaru's are tweakable and affordable, why not!

It's my wife's car, but I'll surely end up driving it.....hell it has a trailor hitch LOL.

But the one I'd rather have, BMW X5 4.6 is, is too much money for us at this time. I already have a beast, all wheel drive sedan with 450 hp twin turbo....you know what I am talking about, don't want to dis this forum by mentioning it by name....

Who am I kidding....I drive an RS6...LOL....

My wife wanted an SUV to have room for the kids AND the Dog....

The Tribeca is nice looking, well equipped and easy on the wallet.

But that 3.0 liter 6 is begging for a little forced induction.

Mike