Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

spark plug

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,897 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 20 September 2003 - 04:54 PM

I've never changed the spark plugs on Loyale 90 with AC before. It appears that the front plug is buried under the AC compressor. What do I need to move, remove, destroy in order to get at that plug. Does the AC compressor simply rotate up out of the way?

#2 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 20 September 2003 - 09:41 PM

if you take out the battery (and maybe the alternator, been a while) you can get it. I think I used an elbow and probably an extension right above the spark plug socket on some plugs too.
don't forget some anti seize on the new plugs! I use the gray stuff in the little tube and love it.

#3 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 20 September 2003 - 09:42 PM

Which is closer to the battery, your AC, or your alt?

If your alt is closer to the battery, you don't need to move anything to get that plug out.. helps to have a wobbly though

#4 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,897 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 20 September 2003 - 10:40 PM

The AC is closer to the battery. What then??

#5 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 20 September 2003 - 11:04 PM

Been a while since I've had one like that, but it seens to me that with the proper combination of extensions and wobblies, that you don't need to move anything

#6 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,897 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 20 September 2003 - 11:33 PM

Can't even seem to get the spark plug socket into the space no less any wobbly or extension :banghead:

#7 reoff

reoff

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Bellingham, WA

Posted 21 September 2003 - 03:18 PM

Just unbolt the compressor and set it aside. Big pain in the rump roast... but what else are you gonna do?

#8 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,897 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 21 September 2003 - 07:32 PM

Not sure where the AC was installed. I guess it might not have been factory but I'm not sure since I got the car from the third owner.
So far, the car is running pretty well with three new NKGs and wires. What's so great about running on four cylinders anyway? Thanks for the sympathy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users