Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I don't want to copy The Austin, but...

275yellowsoob.jpg

Yellow looks so cool! What do you think?

The lift and stickers and stuff are photoshopped too, but this should give you an idea of what I think I might want the Subaru to look like... maybe. Oh, and imagine Swampers on there too.

Beautiful . . . I like that black paint on the headlights, makes em look angry. Grrrr!

I acutally had real eyebrows made out of fiberglass for them. Makes the wagon look pretty pissed :D !

Thanks for the comments guys. Keep 'em coming. I just want to make sure I'm not insane before I save up money for spraypaint.

Snorkel is on the list of things to do to this poor old car.

I'm not terribly worries about the police. I don't generally drive terribly fast, and the cops in my neighborhood are too busy chasing down the dealers and prostitutes. Ahh, I love Lake City...

How are you liking the awesomeness of Austin's old beast, anyway?

Yellow looks so cool! What do you think?

The lift and stickers and stuff are photoshopped too, but this should give you an idea of what I think I might want the Subaru to look like... maybe. Oh, and imagine Swampers on there too.

Nothing wrong with copying Austin. He'll be the first to admit when he copies someone else. And he has once or twice. :brow:

Flat black looks sharp against the yellow Samo, my hood is right behind. The one I replaced my scooped hood with is shiny black, so I'll paint it to match the sides of my imp.

And uh. I can imagine swampers under there alright. lol

i say do it. its a sweet looking ride, i would be inclined to copy to some extent with my own touch. it definently needs to have the swampers on it. i think that a subie with swampers looks a whole lot meaner, thats what going on mine when i wear out the buckshots.

I really dig the yellow. The flat black hood is pretty lame though. Run out of paint?

Doesn't have anything to do with paint - the whole thing is a photoshop. I like how black hoods look, whether it be painted black or carbon fiber. Just my opinion :) .

I'm actually thinking of painting everything below the body line flat black as well. Kind of an EA82 Outback thing. Here's a photoshop:

275yellow2.jpg

I like it even better!

Oh, and thanks for all the comments everybody!

Would look better with a gloss black hood, IMHO.

You think so? I dunno, because everything else that's black on the car is flat black - the bumpers, the roof rack, and I want the wheels flat black. The yellow isn't going to be very glossy either.

I've got a love affair with flat paint lately :) .

You think so? I dunno, because everything else that's black on the car is flat black - the bumpers, the roof rack, and I want the wheels flat black. The yellow isn't going to be very glossy either.

I've got a love affair with flat paint lately :) .

The yellow depicted is gloss which is why I suggested gloss black. If it's all going to be matte than sure a flat black hood will match. It was the mixing of matte and gloss that looked ghetto to me.

Might I suggest 'texture black' instead of flat? I think it looks way better. However it does tend to get chalky when stuff gets into the texture; then again so does flat black. I prfer a semi-gloss personaly, but that's me :)

This is but one opinion however :drunk:

Doesn't have anything to do with paint - the whole thing is a photoshop. I like how black hoods look, whether it be painted black or carbon fiber. Just my opinion :) .

I'm actually thinking of painting everything below the body line flat black as well. Kind of an EA82 Outback thing. Here's a photoshop:

275yellow2.jpg

I like it even better!

Oh, and thanks for all the comments everybody!

i like that to. either way it looks really kool

Yeah, I know the yellow is glossy - I was trying to make it flat, but my car as it is is dark red and quite shiny, so making it flat was more effort that I wanted to put into it. I can see how one might think flat against gloss would look cheap and ghetto.

What I have now is flat, but it has a slightly grainy texture it. You're right, it does get chalky - I've found that spray-on tire shine brings it right back to life, though.

I may wind up getting some high-gloss clearcoat to spray on, so that I wind up with a semi-gloss finish. Flat yellow might look a little... funky... although it looked cool on Austin's/Noah's EA81.

Semi Gloss yellow with clearcoat with a semi-gloss engine enamal black hood. I'm totally in love with the semi-gloss engine enamel black. The flat ends up too grey, and the gloss is just ick... but the semi gloss... Hotness.

Also would you consider having the Yellow Maaco'd? Might end up with a better product than just spray paint from the can. But if you are good with the can, go with it :)

I personally like the first pic better with the yellow all the way down the doors, and the black graphics. However, throw some yellow graphics on over the black to let me see what they look like. I bet that would be pretty hot too. Let me know if you need some hot hot vinyl made, i'm your man. I'll even install it :)

SAMO, have you considered showing your car? I know you are somewhat involved with some show car/s. I'll be at Global representing with some members of Project One.

Thought about Maaco, but frankly, I can do nearly as nice a job with rattle cans, and for a lot cheaper. I also want to pick a shade where if I get some body damage and need to replace a door or a fender, or just touch up some scrapes, I can do so relatively easily.

Semi-gloss sounds like it's going to be what I want. I think flat yellow might look too pale - almost like that awful yellow that comes on WRXs. I want a bright bright sunshine yellow.

I like the black on the lower half just because it makes the car look a bit more pissed, and well, I like cars that look pissed. Here's what it looks like with yellow graphics:

275yellowwithgraphics.jpg

I'll definately get in touch with you about graphics. I've got part of a roll of metallic red 18" 4mil - maybe I can pay you to cut some stuff on that for use until it's painted? Man, I miss having a plotter...

As for showing the old girl, maybe next season. This season, it's not going to be anywhere near ready to be shown. I want to have it lifted and with a D/R before I show it. Right now, it's just a muddy old Loyale with Pugs and lights - not really worth showing, I'm afraid. I will be at GICS, though, probably with a friend's white Nissan. I'll be sure to stop on by and say hi - I remember seeing you and Dan last year. My friends didn't quite understand when I got all excited, but hey, they drive Nissans.

if you want the spray paint to hold up, you might as well do it right.use one covering coat of primer, then paint, then i would highly recomend putting a coat of krylon crystal clear (clear coat).this will protect the paint somwhat, because the scratches will be absorbed by the clear coat.let each coat harden in the sun, or it will be too soft, and scratch with anything.you probly know all this, but i just felt like writing it.:)

good photoshopping, and it should turn out pretty sharp and pissed off looking:grin: