Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sputtering around 2-3k rpm range

Dang it seems like I'm taking over this forum with so many problems... ughggh. Anyways my Suby is losing power and kinda almost flooding and missing around the 2-3k rpm range and after that its fine. It happens in 1st thru 3rd gears... I think i have a miss somewhere. I kinda have to pump the gas pedal a few times to make it clear up and go past 3k rpms. And then when it clears up it feels like a turbo kicking in, has lotsa power on up the range. Well "lotsa" is a relative term for the Suby. :) Any ideas? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I found out what was causing my surging and sputtering while driving, it was a hose in the back of the carb, i took it out and plugged the lines and wow what a difference. It actually has power now and smooth too. I also unplugged my EGR too. It wasnt opening anyways unless i plugged it to a different vacuum line and then it would be open ALL the time. :) Anyways I just hope it runs ok now. Thanks.