Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fuel Injector probs?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

My 93'Leg is acting strange ,,,i have 226K ,AT,awd,.....it has been completly dying on me. ..drivin along and then like somebody turned off the key...it will start right up again and go for wks then out of the blue it will shut off dead..
any ideas? i bought the wagon about 2 months ago haven't changed the fuel filter since i got the H2(legacy)..could this be a air sensor prob ,ive dump lots of injector cleaner in at fill ups and has worked a lot better.....Spark

#2 tcspeer

tcspeer

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • Walnut Springs

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:01 PM

We had this very same problem with a 1992 Buick, It turned out to be the little wire connector that bolted to the coil pact was loose almost to the point of falling off. I would look over the wiring and make sure nothing is loose.

#3 lmdew

lmdew

_______

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:11 PM

Check the Codes!

#4 jimscat

jimscat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Maine

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:27 PM

Is the dying the only thing? When does it, going down the road or at idle such as stop lights and such. Does it start hard? Could be the dredded Temp Sensor (the one that goes to the ECU. Seems that one sensor causes all kinds of issues. Hopefully someone else will chime in

#5 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 882 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:13 PM

Sounds like to me its power to the coil pack thats goin out... I think thats the best bet to what the problem might be.

#6 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:25 PM

sometimes when i pull in the driveway to stop the idle then goes down and it kills...but most the time it's out to the blue......it was happening a lot the first 2 wks after if bought the wagon then i started using FI cleaner in my gas and it stopped.....iam puzzled on this one....

sounds like a number of things..from loose coil wire to the injectors needing to be cleaned ect ..
spark

#7 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 882 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:36 PM

Yeah, worth a look at the coil pack, I believe its right on top of the spider intake.... But the dieing at idle does sound like a fuel injector gummed up at a point.

#8 tcspeer

tcspeer

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • Walnut Springs

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:36 PM

I would think the fuel injectors are O.K. If this was a fuel problem wouldn't it most likely spit and sputter. With the explanation of dying like the key is turn off I would think electrical. May be something cutting air off also.

#9 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:04 PM

Not knowing much about legacy's ....would that be a air sensor...????

#10 Gravityman

Gravityman

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!

• Members
  • 647 posts
  • Goldsboro

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:08 PM

Hey I might be able to help you with your fuel injectors.
http://www.ultimates...75&page=7&pp=10

Let me know I have to try to pay off my TT project investment and you need help + I can do it cheaper the anyone else! PM me if you want help

#11 tcspeer

tcspeer

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • Walnut Springs

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:19 AM

I dont know how the air is controled, I do know their is the mass air flow device and idle air control maybe one of these could be giving problems. Did you see if a code would come up.

#12 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,567 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:10 AM

I'd suspect the mass air flow sensor. The black thingy right after the air filter box.

I had similar issues with my legacy. It would just lose power when driving on the highway, most of the time I could rev the engine and keep it from dieing. If the rpms were low, the car would just die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users