Ultimate Subaru Message Board

81 Wagon "Sport" Edition?

While wandering through the yard today, I found an 81 Wagon That had a "Sport" tag on it on the drivers side fender below the subaru logo there. It also has an A-Style Brush Guard on it AND a third eye. The date of manufacture was 06/81. The interior was a brown color with white/brown plaid, none that I have ever seen before. Either it wasn't faded or it was some sort of special color. Exterior was a light green. There was a plastic tag on the rear hatch that read Butch Subaru and an outline of the state of Mississippi. It also had a shifter knob I have never seen either. It has a wooden design and the top is rounded and is white and has the subaru logo in it in blue with the word SUBARU underneath it. I'll get a picture of that. Does anyone have info on what this subaru was?

While wandering through the yard today, I found an 81 Wagon That had a "Sport" tag on it on the drivers side fender below the subaru logo there. It also has an A-Style Brush Guard on it AND a third eye. The date of manufacture was 06/81. The interior was a brown color with white/brown plaid, none that I have ever seen before. Either it wasn't faded or it was some sort of special color. Exterior was a light green. There was a plastic tag on the rear hatch that read Butch Subaru and an outline of the state of Mississippi. It also had a shifter knob I have never seen either. It has a wooden design and the top is rounded and is white and has the subaru logo in it in blue with the word SUBARU underneath it. I'll get a picture of that. Does anyone have info on what this subaru was?

so did you grab said items? :brow:

I agree with the Dealer idea.

If it were a real Subaru option there would be others

and it would be in their brochure for that year.

Dealers do that sort of thing to get a car that just won't sell.

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

Could possibly be that the person that owned it at one time in it's life just put some "Sport" badges off another car, or from some parts store shelf on the fenders. A lot of people tend to "trickout" their rigs to make em a little special. My Brat has badges on it that look like the icon by my name. . . .