Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Factory sunroof in '05 Outback 2.5 i...possible?

My wife and I are looking at '05 Outback 2.5 i limited but supply is really low in the northeast and we can't get the color we want. So we are going for the '05 Outback 2.5 i. The only thing I will miss is not having the sunroof. Can a factory sunroof or an aftermarket sunroof be installed in the 05 Outback 2.5i?

Thanks,

Paul

My wife and I are looking at '05 Outback 2.5 i limited but supply is really low in the northeast and we can't get the color we want. So we are going for the '05 Outback 2.5 i. The only thing I will miss is not having the sunroof. Can a factory sunroof or an aftermarket sunroof be installed in the 05 Outback 2.5i?

Thanks,

Paul

That sunroof on the 05s are sweet aren't they? I didn't go for the limited option because I didn't like the idea of being forced into buying leather seats. A month later I'm wishing I had just bit the bullet. I think it is the coolest sunroof on the market today.

Sorry I can't answer your question. But maybe I can talk you into giving it a second thought. Besides, you will spend way more time riding inside of it than looking at the color from outside of it.

Can't the dealer pull from other dealers inventory to get you what you want. Bought an 04 4Runner Limited about 6 months ago and they just pulled it from another dealer (different state). They were pushing to eliminate their own inventory, but I was not going to spend 40K on something I was not 100% happy with and they got it for me.

As far as aftermarket sunroofs, our company installed many styles for about 10 years. Ended up having so many issues, we stopped about 2 years ago. Just not worth it. Either wait for what you want or have the dealer get it for you, but DO NOT spend that much money on something you will not be completely happy with!!!!! If the dealer won't get it, talk to another dealer. (in person or over the phone if they are not local)

BostonSubaruGuy,

The best advice you could possibly get was made by Sydfloyd44. Pay the extra to get what you want. To not do so will have you kicking yourself for a long time to come. I can say that.....as I sit in my Outback Wagon Limited.....and my bride sits in her Lexus. (She deserves to be spoiled more than me.)

The dealer should be able to do a dealer trade, even from far away. My car was traded from several states away, on a truck, so it has no travelling miles on it. I know Bird Road Subaru in Miami, Fl. was working hard to get rid of their '05s. Maybe check their inventory online, I did that via cars.com and got a better deal than in my town (about 3 hours away from Miami). If you can find a dealership anywhere with your car, they should trade. Really the dealership should do the looking for you. (My family owns several car dealerships.)

:)

Lauren

Was in the same boat as you. Got an '05 Outback 2.5i, wanted the moonroof but not the leather. Looked at some aftermarket ones but non compared to the factory one. If I could get a factory one installed, I would jump on it!

I was very dissapointed about this. I don't know if Subaru figured the cost of the roof was so much that people wouldn't want to pay for it so they had to bundle it with other options. I however would have paid quite a bit of money for it, I just really don't think for what my current needs are that leather is very appropriate.:mad: