Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trying to find a new 92 Legacy Engine

92 Subaru Legacy Station Wagon, LS model. After about 120,000 miles I started having a valve problem. Probably 20,000 of the miles are tow miles. I have had the valve replaced 2 times. The engine will now not pass the exhaust inspection for Washington. Where would I start to look to find a new engine, or is it better to just sell the vehicle and get another subaru. My finances are limited to buy new. I also need to have a stick shift so that I can pull it behind my motorhome. Any help from you experienced Subaru experts out there would be much appreciated. An outfit out of Colorado who rebuilds engines told me that 92 was a bad year for valve problems?

CCRengines.com has rebuilt engines. I hear they are a great company.

Check a local junkyard if you want a used engine. You might be able to get a nice one at a nice price.

If you want another car, you could start parting out the current one to get money for a newer one.

Good luck.

92 Subaru Legacy Station Wagon, LS model. After about 120,000 miles I started having a valve problem. Probably 20,000 of the miles are tow miles. I have had the valve replaced 2 times. The engine will now not pass the exhaust inspection for Washington. Where would I start to look to find a new engine, or is it better to just sell the vehicle and get another subaru. My finances are limited to buy new. I also need to have a stick shift so that I can pull it behind my motorhome. Any help from you experienced Subaru experts out there would be much appreciated. An outfit out of Colorado who rebuilds engines told me that 92 was a bad year for valve problems?

new 92 legacy engine....oxymoron