Ultimate Subaru Message Board

engine and exhaust question for 90 legacy

i just wanted to introduce myself and ask everyone a question. when i first start my 90 legacy sdn. it will run rough and sputter for a few seconds and then straighten up. after that it will run fine until it sets overnight again. and will a exhaust off a 4wd fit on a fwd. thanks for the help.

the last time it did it , it sounded like it was misfiring and the whole car shook really bad. i hit the gas and it just died. started it again and it ran like new. if i let the gas pedal alone most of the time it straightens up after about 10 seconds. after that it starts fine until it sets overnight.

their was no check engine light but i checked for a code anyway and got a code 13

the last time it did it , it sounded like it was misfiring and the whole car shook really bad. i hit the gas and it just died. started it again and it ran like new. if i let the gas pedal alone most of the time it straightens up after about 10 seconds. after that it starts fine until it sets overnight.

their was no check engine light but i checked for a code anyway and got a code 13

My legacy did this too. It would stumble and sputter if I touch the gas pedal upon start up. If I let it idle for a few minutes, it'd be fine.

You can try the coolant temp sensor, however I'm not sure that's the problem.

Try running some injection cleaner through the tank. If you can find some seafoam, www.seafoamsales.com run a can of that in the tank.