Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Colorado meet?

Howdy. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a Colorado Subaru meet. The last couple were at Red Rocks, and both times we lost some cars (and I almost lost a brother). So, I'd like it to be at a place with NO cliffs, and maybe somewhere more central. I haven't got a date in mind yet, but I know I want to intercool my car before we do this thing. So let me know what you guys think and we'll figure something out.

P.S. I really like those cool red STI pedals. Problem is, they are about a billion dollars, and I only have $30 to spend. Any ideas?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to go to a meet and see who lives around the area.The only problem is I would be forbidden in my '02 Jetta.Since that is the only thing that is drivable for me right now.I do have a gas powered radio control subaru.Does that count? ;-) Don't really think that could haul me around that well.Haha

There has been quite a few of us mentioning another Colorado meet in the last months. So it's gotta be time...WCSS and Midwest are over with...so defintely time for another meet out here. I would love to have the GL lifted & finished by that time, since most of you have already seen my RX...but chances are I won't have that done for awhile. If it ends up being as small as the last few times I would be willing to offer up my new house for a Suba-cue (Meet/barbacue). My neighbors are all used to lots of Subaru's already... :grin:

Oh and Jerry one of the biggest Subaru freaks showed up to the last one in a Toyota truck...cough cough..just giving you hell Shawn (would LOVE to see the Vana-Roo at this one if it's up to it).

P.S. = All you Colorado and surrounding area Roo's don't forget about:

RockyMountainRoos.net

Built that just for all of us (considering there is a billion Roo's around here)

Ok i know of a place for a potential meet i take my preza there all the time and a bunch of poeple take their Jeeps, Tacomas and such there all the time its by the buckley base right off of mississippi and buckley if you head east from the intersection and make your first left it will take you to a "dead end" theres some mild hills there to do a couple sessions on and since its just a meeting place we can go somewhere afterwards but what do you guys think? PM me if its a go :)

Im down...the new turbo wagon needs lotsa love but always down for a meet = D. Lets see I hang with the VW boys, the Ricer boys, might as well add the subaru boys(and girls right roni?) Jerry, phil and I would bring our R/Cs too. Think the bmw guys like to take drives like to estes every year....maybe something like that would be cool? or too far north? guess it depends on how soon we'd be up for it.

Thanks

ERik

84 Wabbit GTI 76 BMW

97 Civic 86 GL-10T WAAAAAAAGOOOOONNNN

93 Civic- FOR SALE

A venue with a campground known to anyone within 30 min of Denver? I have plans for a WCSS sized meet in colorado and want to investigate locations and a few practice runs at said location would be wonderful. Vanagon may be doable!

Hmm Jefferson County Fairgrounds? Think you can camp there kinda, always have all the Rodeo's and such there don't know how much it would cost though...

Well, my wonderful brother just brought up the point that Red Rocks is a very central location for many of us. However, I do like the idea of the mountains. Can everyone's Soob make it up to Breck? Maybe Georgetown would be fun. Let me know. You can reply here, PM me on my cutie-ru username, or shoot me an email to bardllyan@yahoo.com.

(P.S. This is cutie-ru on my brother's username)

OK!!!! I've got it!!!!!! What about Bear Creek Lake park??? It's pretty darn close to Red rocks, but has a camp ground. The only bad thing is that I think you have to pay a couple bucks to get in to the park.

What do ya think?

(P.S. this is Rick, the owner of the login "TurboXT")

Rick

Keep those smilies away from Erik....

OK.

Place: Bear Creek Lake Park

Time: 10-ish (in the morning)

Date: still working on it. Sometime in mid to late October. Do Fridays or Saturdays work better for you guys?

OK, there you go. Just let me know 1) which day of the week works better for y'all, and 2) if Bear Creek Lake Park is a crappy, crappy idea.

Friday's or Saturday's work for me..Saturday would prob be best for everyone I imagine. Mid to late October works for me also. Will give me time to **maybe** get the GL lifted and partially done, but prob not. At least I should have enough time to fix my dead IC fan on the RX, think I will replace it with a EA82 radiator fan :headbang: talk about some cooling power!

Still interested to hear what Shawn has got up his sleeve for a big meet....

I also would need some advance to get the day off...and that should be planty of time to get my wagon lifted and done. I'd also like to throw out that this should be a swap meet as well for those intrested. I know both Rick and I will bring things... I'll fill my wagon with stuff to sell cheap, so bring some cash:brow:

Yup, I'll hall some stuff up there, most of it is for XT's, but most of that will work with any EA82. The meet should be in a few weeks, like in 2 or 3 that is. But I am not the one organizing this meet, so it's up to cutie-ru.

But I am not to sure about bear creek lake park for the swap meet, so maybe it should be a Red Rocks...I think there is a back way in that is less steep. Hmmm...... anyway...

Heck, I will trade someone parts if they have something I need.

I need all the EA81, and Brat parts I can get!

Rick

\/ what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also would need some advance to get the day off...and that should be planty of time to get my wagon lifted and done. I'd also like to throw out that this should be a swap meet as well for those intrested. I know both Rick and I will bring things... I'll fill my wagon with stuff to sell cheap, so bring some cash:brow: