Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Colorado meet?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right, my people, I have all the information on the meet (finally). And you thought I'd never get my butt in gear and do it... :rolleyes:

Place: Bear Creek Lake Park

Time: Saturday, October 15. 10:00 am

Here is a link for a crappy map: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address&searchtype=address&cat=&address=15600%20W%20Morrison%20Rd&city=Morrison&state=CO&zipcode=80465%2d9321&searchtab=home

If this map is too crappy for you, here is the address: 15600 W. Morrison Rd., Lakewood, CO 80465. Also, here is the phone number: (303) 697-6159.

For those of you who haven't been paying attention, this will be a swap meet, so if you have parts you want to sell/swap go ahead and bring them. There is a fee to enter the park, but it shouldn't be more than $5.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or email me at Crazypoodle5@aol.com.

P.S. I'm planning on driving in the Columbus Day parade this year. The parade is on October 8 (saturday). If you are interested in driving your Subaru with me, contact me with the info listed above.

I'll try to make it, we usually go to Loveland to the Habitat for Humanity thrift store every now and again, so we should be able to head down there and hang out with some folks :-) I'll prolly bring my 87 turbowagon, gets better mileage than my truck, and it wouldn't make sense to show up to a Subaru meet in a Dodge anyway :-P (Although I did show up to WCSS3 in a Mercury...)

im cool with goin to roni's place so she can cook!!! hahahahaha!! not really, thats too much work for one person... im down with the meet, i'll request the time off so i can be there. i'll also go ahead and see about getting as much of my ea82 stuff down there with me seeing as i cant use it on my new car... hopefully i will have it going again by that time....... a few small fixes need to be tended to......cant wait to see everyone there!!!!!

Sounds good, marking it down on my calendar.....

Hey Phil I know you just did the EFI swap...how was the carb that was on the wagon? I need a good one for the GL until I have the cash to do the EFI swap myself, and don't want to even attempt to rebuild it.

Can't wait to see ya all again, Shawn what are the chances you are going to make it with the Vanaroo? Both my wife and I are dying to see it.

--On a side note if the weather turns bad, or whatever...I live within 10 minutes of Bear Creek Lake and we could always come over to my place for a Soob-q (though I still haven't bought a grill yet)--

Also if anyone is coming in from far away and would rather stay the night before driving back home, I have a pretty large house with some extra rooms/couches for any Roo lover that might want to make the trip....just gotta put up with my wife, daughter, and of course me. :lol:

I'm glad y'all have so much faith that I'm a good cook. :-p KBD's bringing the grill so we'll bb-q. Please try to bring your own meat and buns, and I'll try to bring some pop, fixin's, and possibly chips. Please, guys, let's keep the alcohol out of this meet. As far as parking lots go, I'm not sure enough of the layout of the park to pick one to meet in. I'll try to get there before everyone and stake out a place. Look for the sexy red turbo xt. :brow:

I look forward to seeing y'all there! Dr. Krazy, that's awesome of you to offer to put people up! You're the best!

Hey...

Scratch the need for meat... I'll bring like 30 dogs and 18 burgers from costco(dey good) and you all can divy up between chips and sodas and buns and stuff... I kinda want to make this kinda a pot luck... that was the thought. So just give a hollar of what you want to bring... if anything. probably need plates and the like too btw... ohh Dr Krazy... my wagon ran..... like a carbbed wagon.... Started everytime, sometimes needed some help when hot... real slow but fairly good on gas.... Lots of new seals on it since I rebuilt it in like feb...but the car sat for a few years... sooo.. yeah it could use a clean out again, but could be used right away with few issues... I'd sell it to you cheap though... manifold and all:brow:

As far as parts go, I've got an EJ18 that needs a piston, a set of EJ18 heads (need two exhaust valves), and an alternator and an AC compresssor for an EJ motor. Don't have any EA parts except a set of 4 85 turbo sedan doors with power windows and mirrors. I got 'em for my turbowagon but I really need 86-up doors lol

Ah!!! :rolleyes: I have an idea!!!!

Well there is a parking area right after you go by the toll booth. As you drive in, past the little "toll house", make your first right (it's like a 3 way stop type thing), go over ther bridge, and off to your right you will see a paved lot, and some tables. I thought we could meet here to get together, and when we are, there is a better parking lot for the swap meet kinda by the archery range & camp grounds, but I think it would be best to get everyone together, and then drive back to it as a group. (I of course will be doing 5 mph in the brat at the back of the line.)

Sound good?

See you guys there!

Rick

Does anyone want to drive in the Columbus Day Parade? Its on October 8 (the saturday before the meet). Its sponsered by the Sons of Italy, and after the parade we get to go feast upon sausage and pepper sandwiches. Yummy! :clap: Right now we only have a sweet Subby Brat and an XT Turbo driving. We will be known as the "Colorado Subaru Club." So if you wanna "march" shoot me a PM or email (crazypoodle5@aol.com).

If its the weekend of the 15th I cant make it. Ill be in South Carolina. :(

Bummer Shawn...

Don't think I'll have the GL done enough to drive it there even though it's like 10mins. But have alot to do to it and not nearly enough time or cash. So chances are it will be the Fam in the RX again...unless someone needs some parts from me then it will be the wife's legacy.

Have some spare EA82T parts laying around, A full 1988 2wd DL sedan (will be taking the full injection system off of it, radiator + some other parts, this is my old DL that a few of you saw at an 04' meet) if anyone needs anything off of that. Also Looking for some 15" Pugs if anyone has a source or some laying around. Parts by request only and gotta give me decent notice if it's off the DL so I can make time to pull it (car is still fully together and running).

Good idea, Erik my friend. Here's what I need to know:

1) Are you coming?

2) Are you bringing anything for the BBQ, and if so what are you bringing?

3) It would be helpful to know how many people you are dragging along with you so I can get a basic head count and make sure we have enough meat/chips/drinks. Just a reminder: Please NO alcohal! Some of us plan on driving around the park, and obviously we all have to drive home. If it's possible we want to keep this meet wreck-free (unlike the last couple).

Once again, if anyone has any questions at all, feel free to PM me or email me.

bump for people answering Ronis questions.... I'll try to bring lots o meat, but we need chips and soda too... and po..ta...to salad and all kindas of stuff..... I'll bring general amounts of meat, but a general idea would be great.... also if you want to bring your own meat... I'm not gonna stop you.

Chances are it will be the wife, daughter, me, and Roo the dog...taking a vacation the week before so might just show up in "Project Cheap". We will bring some veggie burgers and maybe some chicken to BBQ up (no red meat for the wife & daughter). Will see if I can't talk the wife into making her famous 7 layer dip, and we will bring some chips etc too for the dip. Anyting else that's needed just let me know.

I'm just finding out about this whole meet up, so hopefully I can make it. I'm kind of a newbie, to the board, and to Subes. Food and a swap, sounds like a good time to me! I was going to buy a Haynes / Chiltons and some jack stands this weekend, would anyone be bringing this stuff for swap?