Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EJ/EA Adapter Plates: 1/2" versus 12mm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 88HatchMonster

88HatchMonster

Back in the Hatch

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Shelburne, VT

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:29 PM

Hi, more questions on EJ into EA swapping, about the adapter plate thickness:
All I can locate in my area is 1/2" aluminum. The best known conversion was done by Subarino with an adapter plate made from 12mm aluminum. I can have a machine shop bring the 1/2" down to exactly 12mm, but is it worth it? We are talking .7mm difference here I believe, and I just read a post that says the mudrat plate is made up of two 1/4" peices.
The perfectionist in me says get it sanded to 12mm, but maybe it's totally unecessary. Opinions?
Thanks

#2 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:11 PM

it's a non-issue. it means that your throwout bearing is that much further from the pressure plate, and it can easily be negated by the clutch cable. you'll never see it. save your money for getting the flywheel balanced after having its bolt pattern altered to fit the EJ.

#3 88HatchMonster

88HatchMonster

Back in the Hatch

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Shelburne, VT

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:55 PM

I just picked up my aluminum for the plate today. They had a scrap lying around just the right size that they were calling 1/2" I took it home and measured it - exactly 12mm thick! So that's cool. I also bought out Lowe's supply of thick metal cutting jigsaw blades. $40 worth. (I'll return the packs I don't use. Just didn't want to run out) Now to finally pull the EJ motor...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users