Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1994 Subaru air suspension question

Helo everybody,

I am new here and would like some advice on a car that I am looking at, I am think about buying a 1994 legacy lsi wagon the car has 201k the body is good the interior is near mint. However she does have some problems the first is the air suspension is not working correctly the compressor run constantly while the car is running but the car never rises when you turn off the car you hear air leaking from the drivers front tire area which is where the compressor is. I have been told that it is not worth even trying to repair the air suspension, It would be easier to replace with non air shocks and struts. I have located a donor car is the scrap yard. my question is how hard is the conversion from air to non air. The other problem all seem to be mainly age related abs pump leaks fluid, a/c compressor not working, minor water leak from windshield or sunroof. I will be able to buy the car for $400 if I choose please give me any advice that you can give

Thanks in advance

From your description it sounds like the only thing wrong with the suspension is a leak where the lines connect to the compressor. Probably nothing more than a bad O-ring. The air susprension can easily be converted to the conventional suspension. Just remove the complete assemblies from the donor car. Don't have to disassemble the stuts/springs. Since you have the air suspension, the model must be an LS or LSI, which where the top models. The price is right and I would buy this car.