Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A funny thing happened to me on the way back from a movie

So I took the new wife in my BAJA to go see the movie "anything else" (We started liking Woody Allen after The Curse of the Jade Scorpion, this current movie is not nearly as good). Anyway, on the way out, I see a small leaflet under my window washer, and I'm thinking, "Great! Another one of those ads I used to get while at the movies."

But on closer inspection, it was a hand written note on scrap paper.

The note, written in purple ink and curvy/girlish writing, read:

"Avalanche Wannabe,

Your car is ugly and you suck."

I thought it was funny, anyone else ever have something like that happen?

These punkasses can leave all the notes they want as long as they don't scratch my paint!

Is there a rivalry between the avalanche and baja that I am not privy too?

Zen

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The note seems to have a whiff of jealousy to it. If the guy thinks the Avalanche is good looking then his opinion doesn't amount to SQUUAATTT!!!

Although your opinion of movies isn't much better. Woody Allen is a grotesque old man that shouldn't be let anywhere near women under 40 years old. It's just too sick to watch.:boohoo:

We all have our shortcomings. Woody Allen is no exception. But he is also intelligent and THAT is a rarity.

But maybe we should stick with car topics...

Well in fact I'm not sure, in fact i'm never sure of anything... Oh God!

I'll talk to my analyst about that...

We have had our '03 Baja all the way from TN to WA and all points in between and have received only rave reviews face-to-face on the street and hand signals thru the windows while underway. These raves were from all walks of life including several of the redneck-looking bunch that resemble the dummies on the Chrysler, "That thing gotta a Hemie?" ad. Personally, I really liked our '01 Forester but it was too small for our purposes. The Baja does a lot of things remarkably well and gets better gas milage at all speeds. Yeah, it is kinda like an Avalance wannabe in concept only, but so what. It ain't gonna leak like those panels on all the Avalanche's. Ever see a GM T-top hold water out?

It was pure jealousy, pure and simple. Frame the note and hang it in your den next to a picture of a redneck and show your kids and friends good examples of people who need redirection. While you are at it, hang a picture of Woody Allen up there too!

I seen people jelous period over the "Subaru" name..

I had one guy.. I dunno what he was trying to prove but I just got a 98 Forester not more then 5 months ago everyone in the thread was congulations and what not.. He comes in their saying "congrads on owning the number 2 lesbian car" Not only did he look out of place but he can't be no more then 22 years old.. I think he owns a Chevy.. It's also funny when they have a "Post your picture thread" He never shows it.. Must be some pimply teen mad cuz he can't get a Subaru.

What a lame way And on his website he changed stuff around to try and make me look bad.. HAHAHA So while he is doing that Im out fun driving the Subaru!

And his other Possise said I would of been better off with a Chevy Lumina <----ugly rump roast car PERIOD and I don't trust anything other then Subaru in long lasting engines :)

I'd certainly be happy that they left a note and no damage, but I'd also spend many daydreams wondering just how lame people can be!

I sometimes leave notes on Subarus (we are a rarity in Denmark) to say "Hey man, cool car!" or something similar.

Why on earth would anyone ever want to leave a derogatory note?? Imagine taking the time to find paper and pen....just to spread negative energy?? I am surprised the perpatrator could even spell :D

I don't think that it was one of my friends. We spent the next several hours coming up with scenarios. One of them was a case of mistaken identity. The BAJA is pretty rare in my area, but I've seen a couple in my color around. So maybe someone else's friend thought my car was their friends.

Jealously, was another one we came up with.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep the note or I would have framed it.

And don't get me wrong on Woody Allen, I like some of his movies, not necessarily his personal life.

Zen

...when people comment on the fact that I drive a Subaru. I love the "lesbian" comment the most...yup, I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body! :brow:

Gee, since Lance Armstrong endorses Subarus does that mean he's a lesbian, too?

Hey, the Subaru Trail Care Crew does mountain bike trail repair throughout our area. What has Chevy ever done for anyone lately?

Here's what I say to the folks who rag on my 99 OBW:

- 29 mpg with a kayak on top (try getting that with an Avalanche!)

- Plenty of storage for my gear (I'm not a poser, I get my car dirty going places to do fun, crazy s**t!)

- It's plenty fast, and maneuverable (if you know how to drive!)

- It's 100% paid for. (And I can buy a second one for what a single Avalanche costs) :banana:

Let's face it -- I love my Sooby!! We're all hooked!!

HAHAHA!

I think it's soooo funny when people diss on Subaru for wanting to copy everyone else with the Baja!!!

Has the auto industry forgotten what the Brat is???

Subaru is only repeating its own history. Everyone else just copied that idea and poor Subaru isn't well-recognized enough to defend itself!!!

You can blame SOA for a litle but of that.. Subaru "Used" to have a Baja tv commerial on tv.. I only seen it twice.. It showed the Old brat then it changed into the Baja..

I really really thinking about writing a letter to SOA They are trying to fit all the cars in one short Tv ad..

Guess how many times I seen the turbo Forester on tv... ONCE! it was a black one with Lance it in.. And The new Body Forester with the Dog in the commerical last year I only seen that one twice before that Commerical was gone..

But I seen the WRX Some 25 times at least from last year to this year..

• 1 year later...

After the Avalanche throws a rod, gets it's engine rebuilt, drives around town for 6 more years never seeing a dirt road, it will be sold because "it's so old!" to some punk kid for dirt cheap who will race it and throw more rods, in addition to the other Chevy crap programmed to break, it will then be parked in someones back yard for 19 years. The Avalance will finally go to the crusher on December 14, 2031, completely rusted, not running, with no original paint remaining on it's hull, it's cheap plastic bed parts bleached white. This same day, said Baja will tick over it's 300,000th mile. I like doing that.

Deep down, the Avalanche owner wished he bought a Baja. And he gets reminded every three days when he is at the gas pump. He was probably going to fill up after the movie and just needed to vent. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Lance Armstrong, did you see the "Overhaulin" or whatever TV episode where they re-did Lance Armstrongs classic GTO? He showed up in his Forester XT.

I think there are 2 issues... 1 is that the writer of the note thinks the avalanche is better than the baja. but the other is that he actually took the time to write a note.

I know I've seen cars that I don't like and maybe made a comment (to MYSELF). But when I see someone getting out of a H2, I don't run over with a note saying "how do you like your dressed up chevy tahoe?"

as far as this guy holding the avalanche to such high standards- well I don't think there's anything we can do for the poor guy.

I wouldn't worry about it. It just sounds like the person who did it is a jerk and who really cares what they think. If you like your car, that's all what matters. I have several cars that most people don't like, a Probe and a Fiero, and I really don't care if people like it or not. I drive and own these cars because I love them.

if you had been confronted face to face, i'd challenge them to a competition :drunk:

Let's see...

-Acceleration

-Handling

-Gas Milege

-Speed

-Off roading Capabilities :grin:

Hell i saw one of those ugly things the other day up close... the 'basher' on the front was made of plastic... come on.. my subaru is going to get some 2" solid steel bar welded to her front! no crumple zone there kiddos! you best be watchin' out!~

I actually met someone the other day that though the Avalanche was good looking :eek:

There's no help for some folks :lol:

I hate to bring it up but GM owns Chevrolet and GM owns an interest in Subaru :eek:

I wonder if some sick concept car designer is going to try and put an avalanche front end on a Baha? and re-badge it like they did to the Forester.

Photoshop boys....

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer--That is not the Chev H2 hummer, rather my SubaruHummer is modeled after the AM General hummer!!!

01 Forester--already has a GM counterpart :banghead:

I'm not a fan of the Baja body style, but the Avalanche is hideous. Chevy really outdid themselves naming a hulking truck after something that is loud, destructive, and only runs downhill.

Peace,

Now that's funny... well done! I still love my Baja...