Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

wheel bearing help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redbeagler7

redbeagler7

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • williamsburg

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:29 PM

I just bought a 86 DL 4 door sedan which needs rear brakes and wheel bearings. The problem is I can not find the new lock washers for the axle nut any help would be welcomed.

#2 86subaru

86subaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:09 PM

welcome to the board , i am also from ohio [ western part] were did you get the special tool , to remove bearing ?

#3 subarunuts

subarunuts

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:59 PM

4WD or 2WD? They are very different.

No special tools are required for either type. There is a socket for the 4WD rear bearing retainer ring, but a punch works fine generally.

#4 KStretch55

KStretch55

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Boise County

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:23 AM

86Sub, get a 1 1/4" 4 prong socket (used on Ford 4X4 front wheels) at Schucks for $14. Grind off two of the prongs and leave two on opposite sides. Works great for those rear wheels on 4x4 Soobs.

I need to get some of the lock washers before I tear mine apart the next time, too. I hope the stealership isn't the only place they're available. I can only imagine what they want for them!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users