Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
Digi to Digi Swap???
Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:26 AM
1. I am deducting that the 86 dash is LCD which requires backlighting to be visible. Is this correct?
2. Did they make some LCD dashes without a turbo indicator built in?
3. Does anyone have a pic of a functioning 85 / 86 digi-dash so I can see what the properly lit display looks like?
4. Can someone tell me what my fourth question was? I forgot!!!
Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:34 PM
Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:56 PM
Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:37 PM
A) I could paint the clear bulbs red. I know there is a way to do it, or...
Use ultra-bright red LED's instead. That would definitely add to the coolness factor, though I would be the only one who know just how cool it is since no one else would be able to see that there are ultra-bright LED's in the cluster.
Also, I talked to the Subaru parts counter guy I always go to, and he will see if he can get me the FSM wiring diagrams for the 85 and 87 dashes.
Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:23 AM
PS. I haven't gotten hold of the FSM dash diagrams yet, and am not sure I will.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users