Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ20 Turbo ECU - RA spec fit onto leone?

Hi everyone,

just wondering if I could fit the ecu off an RA ej20t onto/into my 87 leone??(EA82t) Im still new to fiddling with my car, so please go easy if this just a stoopid question:) Just how stoopid I can be, I wondered why my leone was over heating...Id left the radiator cap off...whooops!!:banghead: Anyway just wondering.

Cheers.

HI there,

Problem with that is, that the ej20 does not use a distributor, and your ea82 does. You could probably fit a ej crank angle sensor to the ea82 and run the complete ej ignition system, but is it worth it, when you could get a megasquirt system much easier?

Why do you want to chang computers anyway?

Thank for the reply. Iwas just wondering, always wondering. Is it easy to install megasquirt? dont i need to change the injectors?? Or is that if i change the turbo?? Oh and if i stick an intercooler on it, do i need to change anything esle? Timing or anything? Or could I get away with just plugging it on and drive away?? I know theres abit more to it than just 'sticking it on', just wondering if there was more to do after it is done??

Thanks again.:)

HI there,

Problem with that is, that the ej20 does not use a distributor, and your ea82 does. You could probably fit a ej crank angle sensor to the ea82 and run the complete ej ignition system, but is it worth it, when you could get a megasquirt system much easier?

Why do you want to chang computers anyway?

Depends what you call easy.... it will work with all your stock injectors etc though - no problem there.

You need bigger injectors (and a computer to run them) if you want more than around 10-11psi of boost, since the stock ones wont be able to deliver enough fuel.

You can stick an intercooler on there without changing anything else, although you should probably add a bypass valve (like a blow off valve, but it wont muck up air flow readings) at the same time - do a search on that, lots of people use a saab one.

I actually thought of the same thing not long ago but was thinking ej18

what is the ej20g? i know the ej20t is obvioustly the turbo'd one

Gannon

No, EJ20G is the correct Subaru engine model number for the early EJ20 turbo charged engines, so the EJ20T doesn't exsist except in the minds of JDM engine importers who use a generalized code for engines which is where you see it most often, but it is still wrong.