I am currently looking for some ideas and to share some ideas on how to modify the 91 legacy n/a 2.2L. Here is what I have done so far...
- Knocked out cat convertor and put on high performance muffler (open)
- Advanced camshaft timing
- Lightweight harmonic balancer
- "ram air" type cold air intake
- uridium plugs
- moved coolant line running through throttle body
- fiddled with throttle cable tension
- aftermarket voltage regulator
Next I plan on adding better plug wires and a MSD ignition as well as polishing the heads. I am also working on a Co2 kit for the intake, I have the plans for one that shoots Co2 into the throttle body via a line spliced into the cold air intake right before the throttle body opening.
If anyone has any other ideas or wants to see pics of my sub, let me know (other than turbocharging or supercharging).