Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subaru articulation pics.

A DOG

i had to laugh at the guy that had lots of money in the toy with only 21in of travel....

spent 300 bucks on my buddys truck in parts 85 toyota 4runner. and it has almost 3 feet of flex... thats one wheel 3feet in the air and the other 3 on the ground..... dosnt rub with 36s on it...... ill try and get some pix

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had to laugh at the guy that had lots of money in the toy with only 21in of travel....

spent 300 bucks on my buddys truck in parts 85 toyota 4runner. and it has almost 3 feet of flex... thats one wheel 3feet in the air and the other 3 on the ground..... dosnt rub with 36s on it...... ill try and get some pix

Well thats the way Yoters are. Mine had 34" of travel in the rear and 26" in the front with IFS.

HOWEVER that is compareing apples to oranges. Subaru's have Mcphereson struts, and are greatly limited on wheel flex because of this. It takes a lot more money to get flex out something like that.

:slobber: i hate to say it, but that bronco has some nice articulation going on

the sube is real nice too:slobber:

of course it does! WE got nothin in solid axles in almost every case, especially flex!

Anyway, just put in my 2" diff shim, along with another goodie....but more on that in it's own thread, doesn't actually effect flex, but it does help my axle angles:

before:

3242PICT0043.JPG

after:

3242PICT00871.JPG

it's essentially the same spot, but oviously a bit differet, but still had that back tire off the ground! and look how much better that axle looks!

and another angle from that same spot:

3242PICT0089.JPG

Well thats the way Yoters are. Mine had 34" of travel in the rear and 26" in the front with IFS.

HOWEVER that is compareing apples to oranges. Subaru's have Mcphereson struts, and are greatly limited on wheel flex because of this. It takes a lot more money to get flex out something like that.

bwuahahhahahahahah 26" travel with IFS... good one...

unless you have 30k into that rig ... no.

bwuahahhahahahahah 26" travel with IFS... good one...

unless you have 30k into that rig ... no.

Class 1 /open class trucks don't have THAT much travel in the front, and they are all over $100,000 useing size 30 CV's. I'm sure I read last week that the newest "Truggy" being built had 22" up front, and they(the crew building it) wer THRILED with that much.

Well, first of all suspession travel is not measured by how far the tire on the RTI ramp is off the ground:rolleyes:. Your front tire maybe 3 feet off the ground but that dosen't mean you have 3 feet of front suspenssion travel, you are flexing the front and rear suspenssion in order to get that tire 3 feet off the ground.

I would love to see a 36" travel shock on the front of a 4Runner though:grin: