Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Legacy Sport Sedan rare?

My local Subaru dealer has had a 92 Legacy Sport Sedan on the lot for about 2 years. It is in pretty good condition, with low miles for it's age....It is the 2.2L w/Turbo, AT, PW....etc.

They are asking $4995 for it, but all my research indicates that it is worth between $3000 - $4000.

I hate to see the sedan just sit on the lot....but the dealership is unwilling to negotiate. They state that the turbo sport sedan is rare. Is this true? How rare?

Am I wrong? Is it actually worth the $5000 asking price?

If anyone has any insight/opinion on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

MatrixOps

IM going to guess that car belonged to family member of the dealership of some kind and so it probably has had ALL of the service done, etc. If you really want the car walk in with $4000 cash and I bet they will bite. These ARE worth that, they are one of the best Subaru's ever made.

In your geographic area....I'd offer 3500-4000 if in excellent shape. No more. How many miles are on it?

They are good cars, but they are not that rare. Subaru has some stupid ridiculous numbers for these cars. They're total hogwash. Check out www.bbs.legacycentral.org There's more cars on that board then what Subaru said was made.

My local Subaru dealer has had a 92 Legacy Sport Sedan on the lot for about 2 years. It is in pretty good condition, with low miles for it's age....It is the 2.2L w/Turbo, AT, PW....etc.

They are asking $4995 for it, but all my research indicates that it is worth between $3000 - $4000.

I hate to see the sedan just sit on the lot....but the dealership is unwilling to negotiate. They state that the turbo sport sedan is rare. Is this true? How rare?

Am I wrong? Is it actually worth the $5000 asking price?

If anyone has any insight/opinion on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

MatrixOps

I agree with Josh, rare but esp. with Auto not worth 5k.

I would think 3500 or 4k tops.