Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
Installing an engine that sat for 5 years
Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:16 AM
New timing belts, new front and rear main seals, new cam seals, and new valve cover gaskets for starters. What else should I change/look out for?
The engine is an MPFI nonturbo out of an 89 XT, and it's going into an 89 RX. Yes, I'm replacing turbo with nonturbo. Any other suggestions for doing this swap? I know I'll need all intake tubing and the exhaust Y-pipe at the minimum... what else?
Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:32 AM
2) I need a car to drive while my restoration project is in the body shop.
3) I'm selling the car in the end anyway, next owner can do what they like with it
4) Used EA82T's are expensive in these parts
5) Every used EA82T I've had has blown up within 48 hours of me taking ownership
6) MPFI engines are an easy swap in place of a turbo and are cheap and durable
As for the 5 years thing- so far this is the best deal I've found. Low miles, CLOSE BY (this is the key factor here), and cheap!
Posted 08 September 2005 - 12:09 PM
After that I'd say its go time! Fire it up, let it smoke for a couple hours, and put some miles on it
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users