Ultimate Subaru Message Board

94 Subaru Legacy Radio with Casster Player

prkshah

I have 1994 Subaru Legacy sedan radio with cassette deck. I want to install radio with CD player, preferably mp3 player. This 98 99 Subaru Legacy Am/Fm Cass Cd Combo Upgrade is on sale. Will this fit? What I should look for? What model years are comparable with this car?

This car has 80,000 miles and it has problem with starter. Sometimes it will not start after it is driven and stopped for a while. Specially running errands. But it will start with jump. There is no click or any other sound but it will start with jump. This problem occurs when the weather is hot. I make sure that AC is turned off before I start the car. Dealer replaced once with rebuild. After that I have replaced battery, alternator and belts. But the problem still there. About more than year ago, an auto mechanic replaced contacts in the starter and the problem went away for year. Now it started again. I am thinking about replacing with rebuild starter again from Autozone but I am afraid this will not solve problem.

I will appreciate help