Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1987 RX suspention

rallyrx

hah yeah ive looked everywhere too for my 89 RX. i think i want to ggo custom setup after i do a 5 lug conversion but the question is, i want a decent setup and where would anyone make that? if they could? gr-2s cant really handle the higher spring rate for long periods. ive asked everyone haha *sorry for jackin the post this thread also*

ok to help clear up a few shady areas, you can used upgraded struts in the front from a WRX but only IF you have a 5-lug conversion done. You also have to use the stock tophats in order for it to be a "bolt in" item. I am currently running '95 WRX front struts, brakes, knuckles, axles, XT6 control arms, and XT6 tie rod ends as well. In the back, I still have the stock RX coilovers, XT6 rear discs and calipers. Total cost of the upgrade so far is around $600 but I had to get some parts shipped to me from the west coast. So yes it is possible but it takes some $$$ to do it.