Ultimate Subaru Message Board

two different mickey mouse gaskets?

has anyone else found out the hard way that there's two different mickey mouse gaskets? and is there any way of knowing which one you actually need with out taking the oil pump off?

i just found out yesterday that i got the wrong one. it's slightly bigger and it has a flatter part on one side. i told them i had a 91 loyale when i actually have a 92 loyale (i was thinking of my old car) . i realized my mistake but i let it go because i thought they would be the same anyway. does anyone know if they changed that year or if there were two different oil pumps? or maybe there's an aftermarket one on my car already? who knows?

Was your old car a EA and the newer one a EJ?

no both of them are ea82 N.A.

the current one is a 92 loyale wagon.

and the previous one is a 91 loyale sedan.

the 91 was auto. the 92 is a 5speed.

both of them are 4wd.

i can't figure out how to post a picture of the gaskets here but i got them onto the photo gallery. the photo is named: two different mickey mouse gaskets. sorry but that was the best i could do..

thanks for helping me.

I have a 92 Loyale and I just replaced that m.m. seal yesterday. Yeah, you need the one on the left in that picture you posted. Just happen to have the part # here on the receipt as well, Beck/Arnley 039-6320. Now that's the oil pump gasket/seal set which includes the shaft seal, round o-ring, and mickey mouse seal.

Good luck getting it on. I had a hell of a time getting the m.m. seal to stay in the groove while I put the pump back in. Finally put two tiny dabs of grease on it to hold it.

That's funny too, my m.m. seal was torn in the same place as yours.