Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

two different mickey mouse gaskets?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 subarubuddy

subarubuddy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • nyc

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:34 AM

has anyone else found out the hard way that there's two different mickey mouse gaskets? and is there any way of knowing which one you actually need with out taking the oil pump off?
i just found out yesterday that i got the wrong one. it's slightly bigger and it has a flatter part on one side. i told them i had a 91 loyale when i actually have a 92 loyale (i was thinking of my old car) . i realized my mistake but i let it go because i thought they would be the same anyway. does anyone know if they changed that year or if there were two different oil pumps? or maybe there's an aftermarket one on my car already? who knows?

#2 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Bremerton, WA, USA

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:56 AM

My first impression would be that the difference in size would be because of a turbo or not, but thats the best i can come up with.

#3 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,105 posts
  • WA

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:27 PM

Was your old car a EA and the newer one a EJ?

#4 subarubuddy

subarubuddy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • nyc

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:29 PM

Was your old car a EA and the newer one a EJ?

no both of them are ea82 N.A.
the current one is a 92 loyale wagon.
and the previous one is a 91 loyale sedan.
the 91 was auto. the 92 is a 5speed.
both of them are 4wd.
i can't figure out how to post a picture of the gaskets here but i got them onto the photo gallery. the photo is named: two different mickey mouse gaskets. sorry but that was the best i could do..
thanks for helping me.

#5 GLCraig

GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:48 PM

I'm guessing that it's just the way the aftermarket supplier made it. The Subaru shop I worked for only stocked 1 mickey o-ring for all years EA82

#6 buru

buru

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Tallahassee

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:47 PM

I have a 92 Loyale and I just replaced that m.m. seal yesterday. Yeah, you need the one on the left in that picture you posted. Just happen to have the part # here on the receipt as well, Beck/Arnley 039-6320. Now that's the oil pump gasket/seal set which includes the shaft seal, round o-ring, and mickey mouse seal.

Good luck getting it on. I had a hell of a time getting the m.m. seal to stay in the groove while I put the pump back in. Finally put two tiny dabs of grease on it to hold it.

That's funny too, my m.m. seal was torn in the same place as yours.

#7 555Ron

555Ron

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Newcastle, Aus

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:28 AM

If you want the part no. it is for the one on the left it is:
15066AA000

I have the sucker in my hand with the Subaru logo on it. You can't go wrong if you order that one.

#8 subarubuddy

subarubuddy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • nyc

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:41 AM

ok now we're getting somewhere...
thanks for helping
:headbang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic