Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gen 1 Decal. pix

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tailgatewagon

tailgatewagon

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Bozeman, MT

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:09 PM

check it out.
http://www.ultimates...&sort=1&cat=500

oh yea the cat gos on the front of the car.......:brow: just below the hood and just above the bumper. ;)

anyway lets see the pix of other decals if you have them either on the car or off..

#2 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

These are some decals i picked up from the dealership about 5 months ago. i'm pretty sure i have the entire "woodie" set, but i'm not sure. I do however have about 10-15 sets of the "rally stripe" some just say subaru, some say 5 speed and a few say 4wd.

#3 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,741 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:55 PM

These are the "reproduction" gen 1 BRAT stripes I have sourced. Complete choice of colors. High preformance, commercial grade vinyl.

Posted Image

#4 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,162 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 16 September 2005 - 01:52 AM

this is a door decal for Gen1's.....

Posted Image

it came with the Gen2 Ski Team decals....

Posted Image

#5 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 16 September 2005 - 02:53 PM

When I lived in Oregon, I saw and almost got, a '79 GL Brat that had some different stock decals on it. Instead of the targa stripe just ending at the bottom of the B-pillar, it actually went down into a stripe that ran from the nose of the car on the body line, down the side where the targa stripe connected, and around the back where both sides of the stripe connected on the tailgate. I've never seen it since nor have I seen it in the brochures either.

#6 Seahag1978

Seahag1978

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Witch City

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:43 PM

When I lived in Oregon, I saw and almost got, a '79 GL Brat that had some different stock decals on it. Instead of the targa stripe just ending at the bottom of the B-pillar, it actually went down into a stripe that ran from the nose of the car on the body line, down the side where the targa stripe connected, and around the back where both sides of the stripe connected on the tailgate. I've never seen it since nor have I seen it in the brochures either.

The decals on my original Brat, "back in the day" were like that... see Todd's post for the pic or my gallery (below).

#7 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:16 PM

Hey Todd. Do you have more of those???

#8 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:24 PM

The decals on my original Brat, "back in the day" were like that... see Todd's post for the pic or my gallery (below).

I just looked Mary and its not the same one. The stripe that ran the length of the car that the targa stripe ran into was about 3" in width and was a two tone color (car was brown with a brown/light brown striping)

#9 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,741 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:28 PM

Yes. I can have the stripes made fresh. The pattern is on the cutter at the shop. There were a few variations on that stripe.
  • color differences
  • some of the colored stripes ran to the front of the fender.
  • some of the colored stripes ran to the front edge of the door and then tipped up.
  • some stripes ended like Mary's BRAT and curved up, just behind the door.
There were lot's of variations in a lot of things in the Gen1s. That's just Gen 1!

Todd

#10 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

Yes. I can have the stripes made fresh. The pattern is on the cutter at the shop. There were a few variations on that stripe.

• color differences
  • some of the colored stripes ran to the front of the fender.
  • some of the colored stripes ran to the front edge of the door and then tipped up.
  • some stripes ended like Mary's BRAT and curved up, just behind the door.
There were lot's of variations in a lot of things in the Gen1s. That's just Gen 1!

Todd

Thats the one... It also ran to the back and wrapped around the tailgate with a special slot cut in it for the tailgate handle.

#11 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,162 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:56 AM

Thats the one... It also ran to the back and wrapped around the tailgate with a special slot cut in it for the tailgate handle.

there's a couple on this page with the wrap around style....

http://www.ultimates...s/bratclrs.html

but they look like mostly 1 color decals though....

#12 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,910 posts
  • Walden

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:07 AM

Noah,
would you consider selling a set of your 4wd subaru rally stripes?i would be interested in some.thanks
Jon

#13 75skunkaroo

75skunkaroo

Gimmie Shock Treatment

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Central Point Or.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:08 AM

Posted Image

how much for a set of those????:slobber:

-mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic