Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 1 Decal. pix

When I lived in Oregon, I saw and almost got, a '79 GL Brat that had some different stock decals on it. Instead of the targa stripe just ending at the bottom of the B-pillar, it actually went down into a stripe that ran from the nose of the car on the body line, down the side where the targa stripe connected, and around the back where both sides of the stripe connected on the tailgate. I've never seen it since nor have I seen it in the brochures either.

When I lived in Oregon, I saw and almost got, a '79 GL Brat that had some different stock decals on it. Instead of the targa stripe just ending at the bottom of the B-pillar, it actually went down into a stripe that ran from the nose of the car on the body line, down the side where the targa stripe connected, and around the back where both sides of the stripe connected on the tailgate. I've never seen it since nor have I seen it in the brochures either.

The decals on my original Brat, "back in the day" were like that... see Todd's post for the pic or my gallery (below).

The decals on my original Brat, "back in the day" were like that... see Todd's post for the pic or my gallery (below).

I just looked Mary and its not the same one. The stripe that ran the length of the car that the targa stripe ran into was about 3" in width and was a two tone color (car was brown with a brown/light brown striping)

Yes. I can have the stripes made fresh. The pattern is on the cutter at the shop. There were a few variations on that stripe.

• color differences
  • some of the colored stripes ran to the front of the fender.
  • some of the colored stripes ran to the front edge of the door and then tipped up.
  • some stripes ended like Mary's BRAT and curved up, just behind the door.

There were lot's of variations in a lot of things in the Gen1s. That's just Gen 1!

Todd

Yes. I can have the stripes made fresh. The pattern is on the cutter at the shop. There were a few variations on that stripe.

• color differences
  • some of the colored stripes ran to the front of the fender.
  • some of the colored stripes ran to the front edge of the door and then tipped up.
  • some stripes ended like Mary's BRAT and curved up, just behind the door.

There were lot's of variations in a lot of things in the Gen1s. That's just Gen 1!

Todd

Thats the one... It also ran to the back and wrapped around the tailgate with a special slot cut in it for the tailgate handle.

• 3 weeks later...