Ultimate Subaru Message Board

now what do i do? strut tower brace question..

well, bought a jc sports front strut tower brace, was told it would fit with no problem, got it installed ok but now the hood won't close without alot of persuasion :) it seems to be hitting back on the hood where the windshield washer hoses are, there is a lip on the underside of the hood, hard to tell as its not easy trying to hold the hood up with one hand, use a flashlight with the other hand and bend down and look to see what the heck is going on...any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

thanx

I've heard of that happening, and I think what the person ended up doing was putting some shaving cream or something on the bar, seeing where it intefered, and pounding that part of the hood in a bit.

You could also sell it and try a different bar, I suppose.

I've heard of that happening, and I think what the person ended up doing was putting some shaving cream or something on the bar, seeing where it intefered, and pounding that part of the hood in a bit.

You could also sell it and try a different bar, I suppose.

Modelling clay will show you where it is hitting.

Jack