Ultimate Subaru Message Board

so what did i bend?

ok i was up parting in the woods friday, on my way down there is this corner and a big gravel parking lot on the side, so i decide to do a couple of slides. the first one went fine slid like 30 feet or so. then the second one i hit something and then got two flat tires down the road. so not to drag this on any more, my car pulls to the right now. i don't see any thing the is out in the open. any help would be great.

picture? well all i have is a camera phone. the the pulling changes from side to side when donwshifting(pulls to the left) then upshifting(pulls the to left) then when crusing at speed it does it quickly. i think my cv shafts are causing this. i know they are going out

You might have blown out a strut when you hit whatever it was that was hard on the road. If you bottom a strut out it can damage the seals on the piston that dampens shock when going over bumps. I have had blown struts on previous cars that I have owned and the signs that your car is exhibiting make me believe that you blew out one of the struts.

i'd check out the control arm. while offroading in some snow i slammed into a curb and severly bent my control arm. used one for $25 dollars and i was on my way. mine was obvious because it was so bad, but a minor bend in it could easily be overlooked and cause symptoms your'e describing.

Sounds like you fuct up a ball joint. My wagon was torq steering really bad the last few weeks, put new ball joints on the thing, and it doesnt do it any more.

I've bent struts, control arms and radius arms. heh, and they are still on the wagon, still drives straight. Never bent a steering gear/tie rod though.

just my thoughts..