Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am just new to your forum but have already solved some problems with my car. I had the ''sticking clutch pedal/slave cylinder'' problem that my dealer had never heard of. Amazing that the replacement parts were on his shelf and the repair worked perfectly. I have an '01 Legacy GT sedan and am now having problems with engine idle, sometimes to 3500rpm in between shifts and I find myself picking up speed on level highways. Once again, my dealer says he has never heard of this before, but adds that it is common on most 5spd mt. I feel like I have to find a solution to take to my dealer to have them fix anything correctly. I should have known when they never checked the ATF on my '99 Legacy SE wagon for almost 3 years, despite charging me for ''scheduled maintenance''. I love the cars, I hate the service. My wife drives an '04 Forester X with the hill holder and 5spd mt. That really threw the dealer when I asked them to adjust it because it was binding the brakes too tight (would stall even on flat ground and sounded like the E-brake was on) With help from your forum, it is now adjusted correctly. I will soon be 'introducing' a 2.2 to a 1975 VW Beetle for added pick me up and who knows, maybe I will soob-up an Austin Mini,if it will fit. Anyway, if anyone can offer a suggestion to my idle probs, I would appreciate it.

Flat Four Fuji

04 Forester X

01 Legacy GT Sedan

2-1975 VW Beetles

1954, 1955 Beetles