Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Longer wheel studs

WJM

Napa and custom wheel shops have lots of them if youre willing to change hole diameter or thread type.

No need.

We have found 60MM studs...that are COMMON....as common as....as any other SUBARU and Nissan out there.

reason i ask before i post answer...to see if anyone has done the proper research.

Think...these 'old cars' are not so 'old'...........

M12x1.25 for Nissan, Subaru, and Suzuki

McGard lockable wheel nuts - 24154SU

Locking wheel nut set by McGard. Suitable for Nissan, Datsun, Subaru, Suzuki.

ray's engineering lug nuts M12x1.25 for "most japanese cars" (other than the big H)

http://www.rxecret7.com/raenlugnu.html

Looks like all Nissans share it?

JWX was right, it was a dead simple google

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Bumping this to try and get some expert advise from the 80's folks...

I need longer studs for my front FF-1 hubs. The stud turns out to be the SAME as the 80's studs, here is a pic:

hubboltcomparo1.jpg

The length of the Impreza studs would actually work OK, I only need 1-1.5cm longer studs to work with my spacers.

However I know about the NISMO studs (which are 50mm or 60mm) and ARP studs, but all of those appear to be geared for Impreza/Legacy style studs.

Has anyone used Impreza style studs on their 80's Brats/Loyales/etc. even though their stock stud looks like my FF-1 stud?

I did and the acorn lug nut ended up having a hole thru the end but otherwise it worked ok. This was with a stock alloy wheel 13" thru a brake drum on the rear of my 84 Brat.

Still a little peeved at WJM for this thread. I see his point but honestly a factory Subaru part works fine if you need longer studs.

I have a feeling a stamped steel wheel might not fair as well as it would sit further down on the stud.