Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all,

Havent posted in awhile...too busy with my engine these days =) anyhow i need to know if you can somehow replace the adjuster on your brake calipers?? My drivers side pad adjuster (the thing that is supposed to slide in and out and adjust with the wear of your pads) is all but frozen on drivers side and causing uneven wear....so can you replace this part or is it a new caliper??

Cory

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43378

Read this thread, at the bottom, I explained how I fixed mine. I would think if you went to your Subaru dealer, you could get a new bushing, but you probably just need to clean it up. Mine had a healthy dose of rust on it, so that it was literally frozen in position, but once I got it out (I had to drive it out with a hammer,) I could lightly sand it and clean the hole in the caliper where it mounts, and even though there is some minor corrosion damage on the bushing, it slides nicely now, with the application of some brake caliper lubricant.

Matt