Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Door Lock Light?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scrub2k

Scrub2k

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Reno

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:07 PM

On my Dash Right by the Park Brake Light There is a Light that Says Door Lock, What does it mean? it blinks a little sometimes, like there is a short or something but i dont know where to look for a short cause i dont know what the light refers to?

Any Help Would Be Great.

-Matt-

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:10 PM

Light is on when you drive around with the doors unlocked.. should go out by locking the drivers door, which should lock all 4 doors and the hatch(if you have a wagon)

Mine didn't go out when I first got my 87, but one of the door locks was sticking.. now it locks and the light goes out, but that sticky doorlock won't unlock with the rest.. have to do it by hand

#3 Scrub2k

Scrub2k

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Reno

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:13 PM

Well i Guess that Makes Sense, Ill Give that a Try.

Thanks

-Matt-

#4 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,128 posts
  • WA

Posted 24 September 2003 - 02:49 PM

is the same. Locking the doors turns off the light. My parking brake light is the one that flickers.
Rob

#5 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,122 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 24 September 2003 - 03:21 PM

I belive it is the passenger front door that powers the light. On my 86 I could lock just that door and the light would go off even though all the other doors were unlocked still.

#6 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 24 September 2003 - 03:23 PM

Hmm.. I don't think so.. If my drivers side rear door(the one with the sticky lock) doesn't lock, the light stays on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users