Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rebuilt twin carb ea81 hesitation on RH corners

Hi there,

Have just rebuilt a twin carb EA81 motor. It is running very well except for a slight flutter/ hesitation on right hand corners. Some suggestions have been electrical; others fuel supply. A much earlier thread on this site sounds similar and relates to fuel bowl float levels. Any suggestions greatfully accepted.

Been a couple of decades since I played with multiple carbs, but it does sound like float level on one of them is off a tad. Having never seen one of these on a 'Ru, which side of the carb is the float on, (when viewed from behind steering wheel please), just so I can get myself orintated here.

I agree it sounds like it is a float issue. The only other possability depending upon how the coil is oriented is a bad coil. If the coil is mounted on its side, the coil can have a weak spark on turns as the opil inside the coil shifts to the other side of the coil.

Joe

TomRhere; The bowls are on the left hand side when viewed from the drivers seat. have checked the site glasses this morning; both levels are pretty close to the dot.

Nipper; The coil is mounted on its side. I will try a spare coil to see whether this has any effect.

Thanks guys.