Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need wheel info on 94 Legacy

Hey guys...I'm back. Well, actually I used to post mainly on the old gen forum, but when my ea81 crapped out on me, I kind of lost interest. However....next week I'm picking up a 94 Legacy L sedan. It needs wheels in a bad way...so I'm looking for info on what factory wheels fit and also the size of 15's or 16's to get in aftermarket. I'm not looking for anything too aggressive. I don't want larger than 16's.

I'm considereing Rota's, but what are some relatively inexpensive brands you all are using? Where have you guys bought wheels before? Know anygood websites?

Hey guys...I'm back. Well, actually I used to post mainly on the old gen forum, but when my ea81 crapped out on me, I kind of lost interest. However....next week I'm picking up a 94 Legacy L sedan. It needs wheels in a bad way...so I'm looking for info on what factory wheels fit and also the size of 15's or 16's to get in aftermarket. I'm not looking for anything too aggressive. I don't want larger than 16's.

I'm considereing Rota's, but what are some relatively inexpensive brands you all are using? Where have you guys bought wheels before? Know anygood websites?

You might check the marketplace forums here and at http://www.nasioc.com for STi or WRX takeoffs. http://www.tirerack.com usually has some specials running and you might even be able to select your exact vehicle and color while browsing through their wheels.

I got my 16" WRX wheels from the classifieds on nasioc. Try to find something local, because shipping a set of wheels gets a little pricey. My wheels and tires were $200 picked up, in like new condition. I think I'm about to just buy another set because it's cheaper than buying new tires and I can live with RE92s. Pretty much the only Subaru wheels that won't fit your car are SVX and 05-06 STi wheels. Anything else has the correct offset and bolt pattern. Rota makes aftermarket wheels that aren't too expensive that fit Subarus. subydude.com sells them.

Picture:

upc2.jpg

Thanks for the responses guys. Looking for opinion on size...how does a 16 compare to 15 in both looks and performance? I may do an autocross or two or possibly rallycross, but won't be there competing to win. I will be doing a lot of hwy and backroad driving.

I jumped from 14" aluminum alloy wheels on our MY95 Legacy L to the 16" WRX wheels. the lower profile sidewalls vastly improved handling and the ride was about the same as far as bumps and road seams. I would go up to 16" over a 15" wheel if I had a choice.