Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need wheel info on 94 Legacy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hogsubie

Hogsubie

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Northwest Arkansas

Posted 24 September 2005 - 09:51 PM

Hey guys...I'm back. Well, actually I used to post mainly on the old gen forum, but when my ea81 crapped out on me, I kind of lost interest. However....next week I'm picking up a 94 Legacy L sedan. It needs wheels in a bad way...so I'm looking for info on what factory wheels fit and also the size of 15's or 16's to get in aftermarket. I'm not looking for anything too aggressive. I don't want larger than 16's.

I'm considereing Rota's, but what are some relatively inexpensive brands you all are using? Where have you guys bought wheels before? Know anygood websites?

#2 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Members
  • 4,721 posts
  • Texas

Posted 24 September 2005 - 09:58 PM

Hey guys...I'm back. Well, actually I used to post mainly on the old gen forum, but when my ea81 crapped out on me, I kind of lost interest. However....next week I'm picking up a 94 Legacy L sedan. It needs wheels in a bad way...so I'm looking for info on what factory wheels fit and also the size of 15's or 16's to get in aftermarket. I'm not looking for anything too aggressive. I don't want larger than 16's.

I'm considereing Rota's, but what are some relatively inexpensive brands you all are using? Where have you guys bought wheels before? Know anygood websites?

You might check the marketplace forums here and at www.nasioc.com for STi or WRX takeoffs. www.tirerack.com usually has some specials running and you might even be able to select your exact vehicle and color while browsing through their wheels.

#3 jamal

jamal

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:59 PM

I got my 16" WRX wheels from the classifieds on nasioc. Try to find something local, because shipping a set of wheels gets a little pricey. My wheels and tires were $200 picked up, in like new condition. I think I'm about to just buy another set because it's cheaper than buying new tires and I can live with RE92s. Pretty much the only Subaru wheels that won't fit your car are SVX and 05-06 STi wheels. Anything else has the correct offset and bolt pattern. Rota makes aftermarket wheels that aren't too expensive that fit Subarus. subydude.com sells them.

Picture:

Posted Image

#4 subiedoobydoo

subiedoobydoo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Waterbury

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:43 PM

http://www.discountt...-100&vid=006488

#5 Hogsubie

Hogsubie

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Northwest Arkansas

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. Looking for opinion on size...how does a 16 compare to 15 in both looks and performance? I may do an autocross or two or possibly rallycross, but won't be there competing to win. I will be doing a lot of hwy and backroad driving.

#6 Suzam

Suzam

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,193 posts
  • Wilmington, Delaware

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:29 PM

I jumped from 14" aluminum alloy wheels on our MY95 Legacy L to the 16" WRX wheels. the lower profile sidewalls vastly improved handling and the ride was about the same as far as bumps and road seams. I would go up to 16" over a 15" wheel if I had a choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users