Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subarus breed more subarus

i just cant help it. i was in a parkinglot today and a guy starts talking to me about my hatch... says how he has one with a blown head gasket. says its cherry. so i went to look at it... it is cherry, wagon wheels dual range 84 brown 4speed 4x4 hatch. in minnesota! no rust... i say how bout 300 bucks, since she doesnt run... he says well ok. i dont need another subaru, but hey, how can i pass it up?

We've been through a couple, too.

'62 360-mine

'69 360s (2) (parts)-mine

'70 Sambar (mine)

'75 DL wagon

'82 GLF (soon to be Mom's)

'82 GL wagon 2wd (sold)

'84 GL wagon 2wd (sold)

'87 GL wagon 2wd (given away)

'87 GL-10 Turbo wagon 4WD s/r-mine

'87 XT GL (cousin's, crashed it)

'89 XT Turbo GL (same cousin, killed it)

'88 DL wagon AT 2wd-the Soob that started it all-was my cousin's, then my father's, then my mother's, then my father's again, when the auto tranny went. And it only had 130k on it...

'88 DL wagon 5spd 2wd-"just visiting"

'89 DL wagon 5spd 2wd-Dad's old one, parted & going to the crusher

'89 DL wagon 5spd 4wd-beater, gone

'99 Forester---mine.

And coming soon, an '89 hatch and maybe an '84 wagon. Wish me luck in recovery.

I'm still on my first hatch, I had the opprotunity to buy an XT from andrew not too long ago, but I was afraid of getting laid off from HP, and well... let's just say I'm not selling Cell Phones for Sprint because I want to.

Anyhow... my girlfriend said the other day... "I'll always remember your first car."

I said "First? Who says it has to be my first? First implies next, and I don't care for that." She's like "OMG, you don't actually expect to keep this the rest of your life do you?" "yeah, it can only get better!"

Hondasucks got me into Subarus. First I started off with an 83 hatchback 2wd 5-speed that I bought from him for 200 bucks. Well before I knew it, I had traded it to a guy for my 79 wagon and I'm now looking at getting more (84 turbowagon 4wd) and maybe getting more. If only I stuck to my Camaros I wouldn't have all these Subarus............just lots of Camaros:D