Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got 82 brat back home, but has hesitations..HELP!

Well got my new(used) 82 brat from my mechanic the other day. Had the brakes(all around) done, new rear shocks, new front struts and a new fuel pump put on it. Also put new tires on it today. Drove it today back and forth from work, about 15 miles each way. Well, while on the highway for about 10 min it starts hesitating like its not getting gas just here and there. Drops my speed from 60 to like 40. Whats up with that?:confused: I get off the highway and while driving slower it dosent seem to do it. Im afraid Ill be stranded the next time I go to work. I dont get it.:cornfuzz: My batterry light kinda flickers on and off though. Should I replace it? Im also putting on a new dist cap and wires tomorrow. Could these things cuase this hesitation?:madder: Anyone else have this problem? It seems like it just decides that its not getting gas and wont excellerate. HELP!!!!!!!:banghead:

Thanks guys. Ill try that seafoam stuff tomorrow. Can you get it from an autoparts store? Hey Mick, Im looking for another 13 in. mag wheel for my 82. The one I sent you pics for. When they put on the new tires today they found a crack in one. You have a spare one around. Also need 3 of the bolt like center caps for them and front mudflaps for the 82 brat. Can you help? Thanks...........