Ultimate Subaru Message Board

legal offroading spots

97OBW

are there any legal offroading trails that u can maybe pay someone to use? i took my outback on this long dirt trail that is being made for a new neighborhood, and thend rove into wheat grass that was taller than my roofline! (trying to impress the girl i was with, she had a blast) it would have been much funner if it was legal and didnt have to worry about anything!! PS speeds got up 50mph and i bottomd out a couple of times:cool:

Join or talk to a local 4WD club. They will know where to go thats legal.

Talk to your state's dept. of natrual resources and bureau of land management about OHV trails, minimum maintanace roads, forest service roads, and the rules for using these trails/roads. Counties also have public land and you can query your county about rules and regulations to access of public lands.

For private property you must have written or verbal consent to be on it for any reason. If you don't own it than someone does. If you don't have specific consent to be on it then its illegal.

the ORV park near me is free...or as far as i know its free:-p its got some challanging stuff also...for a stock subaru wagon that is.

i wanna move where you are.to my knowledge there's no ORV parks here on the east coast.atleast not near me.

:banghead: though i do know where a very long unpaved road is.think it's about two or three miles long