Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Minneapolis Junkyard meet?

I still am not familiar with where the good/bad/cheap junkyards are in this area, so would any of you local subaru nuts like to tour around the area with me so i can find some parts that I reallllly need before winter?

still need the imprezas steering rack.. and i would like to get to building a snorkel, and a roofrack cage :D

give me a pm, email or call on the cell if any of you would like to help out and hang out!

Just the one we went to that I know of and he pulls the parts. I have to get a headlight motor from him tonight I hope on the way home.

I have a buyer for the XT now and I wasn't looking to sell it. Hmmm :)

just more to think about. I'm staying away from the SVX I called you about. I really want one but I'm thinking another road trip for a cleaner one is a better idea if I really have to have one.

:)

Talked to my wife about up coming events for the month of OCT. Pretty busy with family events but here's what I got open.

OCT 1, SAT: Helping my brother move but I might be able to spare a few hours.

OCT 8, SAT: Should have some free time that day to hit the yard.

OCT 15, 22, and 29 (all SAT) are pretty wide open if we want to shoot for later in the month.

Anyone else have some dates that work well?

I'd love to tag along if anyone puts something together. I never know which yard to go to and they are all so far away.

Tim

Tim; more than welcome. Might be a bit of a drive. What days work well for you?

Austin? Tcat? Chux? What days work. So far we have two votes for SAT, OCT 8.

still need the imprezas steering rack.. and i would like to get to building a snorkel, and a roofrack cage :D

Still needs the rack, this is getting rediculous. JK

anyway, when you design this new snorkle, make it better than the other one. in its current configuration it pulls in rain so fast the car dosn't idle, i just took care of that, but not after a big rain storm, and when i say big, i drove the car on some city roads, in the middle of the city with water coming over the hood, it was nice passing the pretty boy hummers with a 25 year old furrin car. even drove around the cop who said the water was too deep, said i'd write my own ticket if i got stuck.

i'm a cocky sob

OK lets shoot for OCT 8th; SAT. Not this SAT but the following. Location will be U Pull R Parts, Rosemount MN. They always have Subaru in stock. Usualy a hand full of late model EA82s and first gen Legacys.

Google map location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2875+160th+Street+West++Rosemount,+MN+55068&spn=0.029376,0.060176&hl=en

Take I 35 to Exit 86 ( CO RD 46 ) and go West. That road just turns into 160th. After you cross HWY 3 you are almost there. It's on your left hand side. Can't miss it really; follow the signs to the parking lot.

If you click the Google link and just scroll to the left (east) you'll see where I 35 hits that main road. Really easy to get to; just stay on that road till you are there.

Could we all be there by 11 AM ? Rain or shine; show up prepared for either!

hey, have you guys called subie heaven yet. i know the # is posted somewhere on MNsubaru.com they seem to have tons of pre 90s subies. althought they do still have a decent amount of early 90s legacies. i kow they have one svx. but no imprezas. they have OEM parts in boxes too. i know tehy have the OEM plow package for the GL [cough]chux[/cough]

hey, have you guys called subie heaven yet. i know the # is posted somewhere on MNsubaru.com they seem to have tons of pre 90s subies. althought they do still have a decent amount of early 90s legacies. i kow they have one svx. but no imprezas. they have OEM parts in boxes too. i know tehy have the OEM plow package for the GL [cough]chux[/cough]

Yeah I've called them. They don't let you pull your own parts or even walk the yard. Sounds like they are a good source of parts but not for a meet & greet :)

===================================

OK lets shoot for OCT 8th; SAT. Not this SAT but the following. Location will be U Pull R Parts, Rosemount MN. They always have Subaru in stock. Usualy a hand full of late model EA82s and first gen Legacys.

Google map location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2875+...,0.060176&hl=en

Take I 35 to Exit 86 ( CO RD 46 ) and go West. That road just turns into 160th. After you cross HWY 3 you are almost there. It's on your left hand side. Can't miss it really; follow the signs to the parking lot.

If you click the Google link and just scroll to the left (east) you'll see where I 35 hits that main road. Really easy to get to; just stay on that road till you are there.

Could we all be there by 11 AM ? Rain or shine; show up prepared for either!

Too bad Austin, the PAP in Lynnwood just got an Impreza in the other day according to Ed.

if you, ed, (or anyone else thats willing), can get me some parts I can send money!!! and obviously pay postage too!

if someone would like to help me out, give me a call when you plan to check out that car at PAP, and i can let you know what parts I need....

if you, ed, (or anyone else thats willing), can get me some parts I can send money!!! and obviously pay postage too!

if someone would like to help me out, give me a call when you plan to check out that car at PAP, and i can let you know what parts I need....

I'm getting ready to go to Dallas for a week, so I wouldn't be the best person, maybe PM Ed.

Austin, it's a 4 door manual tranny, 2WD:mad:, EJ18, '94 and it's bright red. It has around 120K on the odo and ran into something hard with the left front. Passenger seat is quite nice. Driver's seat looks okay but is very dirty. What do you need? Probably best to email me or PM at this point.

well, if you guys are ready for a J/Y meet.. let me know, email me, or give me a call to meet up- (call friday eve, or sat morning)

206-856-7797

new parts list, thanks to Ed..

all i need now, is fenders, hood, headlights and scrap metal!

(no, i didnt crash, i just want to fix my dents and broken parts!)

Confirmed attendees:

Austin

Kurt

Morgan

Archemitis

More are welcome! We'll be there between 11 and noon I guess. If you get there later just look for us in the Foriegn section! Don't forget $2 cash to get in, no kids under 16 or dogs allowed.

================

Google map location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2875+...,0.060176&hl=en