Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Minneapolis Junkyard meet?

I'll give you a call SAT morning. We still shotting for 11 AM at the junkyard right?

Directions: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=346534#post346534

sounds good... i have a bunch of things i need to get done to my car, supposedly the weather will be good this weekend.. got anything to do on your car? maybe a "work party" should be in order :brow: i could bring over the air compressor and tools too if needed.... they will fit in the back of my car!

sounds good... i have a bunch of things i need to get done to my car, supposedly the weather will be good this weekend.. got anything to do on your car? maybe a "work party" should be in order :brow: i could bring over the air compressor and tools too if needed.... they will fit in the back of my car!

That evening my wife will be out at a scrap book mania party till like 10pm. Kids will be at grandparents. More than welcome to pull in your Imp into my garage and we can work on it. I have a compressor already setup. Bring whatever tools you want.

My wife is coming along with me, so if anyone else wants to bring their significant other, the can rest assured they will not be the only girl there! By the way, Morgan, I know you mentioned to bring $2 cash to get in, bt do they accept checks or credit cards for payment? Thanks, Kurt

I have started working on my car tonight, and so tomorrow I dont think I should get it dirty- it will hinder the progress of the project :brow:

in the morning, I will continue to work on what i started tonight... i need a few more parts from the hardware store, then I can head on down after I finish bolting new additions to my imp ;)

and on the way there, I need to stop at a walmart- to pick up a few more supplys (for the "cant get it dirty yet" project")

hopefully the weather will be good tomorrow.. my project depends on it :D

so I will be ready and down there shortly after you guys are, most likley- I will call, or be expecting your calls-

Good old junkyard fun :)

I showed up about 15 till 11AM and the parking lot was PACKED. At about 10 till 11AM I saw Kurt and his wife roll up in his sweet Brat. We decided to park in a more open lot adjacent to the junkyard parking lot. We chatted about how cool his Brat was and how rust free it is! That's big news in MN; let me tell ya :lol:

The Brat took off to a gas station near by. Shortly after they left Archemitis and his brother drove up in the brown beast. About 10 minutes later the Brat came back and it was an official Subaru meet; Lifted wagon (BYB Lift), lifted hatch (Straight Custom 4" lift), and a lifted Brat (FHI stock lift!). Austin was no where to be found yet. We waited a while longer then decided to hit the yard.

Walking the whole foreign section we found some EJs and a few EAs. No EA81s :( to be found. All the EAs were lame ATs and 2WD; the only 4WD had been pillaged of the tranny and front drive train with the engine laying in the isle! We suspected Humble Nuto :lol:

As we were leaving to see where Austin was we bumped into him and Freddie. We talked a bit then wanderd over to the Impreza we found. Really didnt have any parts usable for Austin. There was antoher EJ near it we first glanced at and thought it was a Legacy sedan. Austin's keen eye noticed right away it was another Impreza! He grabbed the hood for that and we were done in the yard.

After that it was just some more chatting in the parking lot. Arch had other enguagements to full fill and took off. We did have 4 lifted Subarus all there however; which was great. Kurt and his wife took off home. Austin, his girlfriend, and myself went back to my place. Swapped his hoods and he was off to finish his paint job.

Kurt snapped some pics; maybe he'll post them. Wish we had got a shot of all 4 lifted rear ends; maybe next time! Hopefully Austin finished his paint job and has some pics of that to share also.