Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I can fling more mud now from my RF tire....

mcbrat

My guess would be: wheels turned left and backing. . ? :D

we have a winner. :) I was on a very steep and long hill climb, and I couldn't make the last bit of it because it got steeper, and I kept flooding out with the carb.

I decided there was a flat enough area to turn around in, so I cranked the wheels, and backed into a 4" diameter tree, that wedged itself behind the e-brake cable/caliper, and the fender.

was too much of a incline to get the brat started again, then the starter locked on me. I used my winch to stabilize me, while 3 of us took turns with the fold up tree saw to remove it. after removal, it was decided the best way to get me out of the situation was to winch me to the top. my winch wasn't enough because of the grade, so a sami went up around me, and pulled from the top. once I got up there, we fiddled around a bit and got the starter un-stuck, and it fired right up. I was able to turn around an go back down fine...

I think a few more of the dents I have came from the trip up, as I was WOT, I grazed a few trees on the way up, and folded in the pass side mirror, and broke something, as it's loose as well...

as some time during the weekend, I slammed the front of the skid plate, and bent my oil sender guage. it's leaking, but only drips....

yes, the Timber Ridge run this year was great. last year, when Morgan was there, we only had about 25-30 vehicles, but this year we had 57!

suprised a lot of people with what I was able to do with the brat...

I took my skid plate off, and replaced the oil sender unit tonight. it was bent and dented :) glad I had the skid plate on, but I've gotta come up with something different now...

also, I'm going back to a weber. the Holley did better than the weber on some of the downhill off camber stuff, and some of the uphill stuff too, but I just had to keep the revs too high, so there was no put-putting around.