Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Loyale Skid Plate?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Interceptor2k

Interceptor2k

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:30 AM

Does anyone know where I can find skid plates for a '92 Loyale? I have searched over this forum, but find nothing....

#2 samo

samo

Boo.

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • The Emerald City

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:36 AM

Well, there's the factory one, of course, which does a great job protecting the oil pan, but leaves the Y-pipe a little vulnerable. If yours, like mine was, has been taken off for some reason (or you're 2WD), you can get a factory skid off of any 4WD EA82.

Otherwise, you're looking at fabrication, as there simply aren't any mass-produced skids available for our old cars.

#3 Interceptor2k

Interceptor2k

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:04 PM

Well, there's the factory one, of course, which does a great job protecting the oil pan, but leaves the Y-pipe a little vulnerable. If yours, like mine was, has been taken off for some reason (or you're 2WD), you can get a factory skid off of any 4WD EA82.

Otherwise, you're looking at fabrication, as there simply aren't any mass-produced skids available for our old cars.

Thanks, Mines a 4WD, but does not have one. I will start calling the junkyards......

#4 samo

samo

Boo.

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • The Emerald City

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:18 PM

Cool. Shouldn't cost very much. I think I paid $5 for mine, although I pulled it myself. It's just 4 bolts, real easy. I'd bet someone around here would have one they could part with. You might want to make a post in the Marketplace and see if anybody's got one.

#5 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

Cool. Shouldn't cost very much. I think I paid $5 for mine, although I pulled it myself. It's just 4 bolts, real easy. I'd bet someone around here would have one they could part with. You might want to make a post in the Marketplace and see if anybody's got one.

I've got an extra one, but shipping it from Colorado to Indiana won't be cheap... Let me know if you don't find one closer.

#6 Interceptor2k

Interceptor2k

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:13 PM

I've got an extra one, but shipping it from Colorado to Indiana won't be cheap... Let me know if you don't find one closer.

Thanks. I found a local yard that has a Loyale, but they don't know if there is one on it. I am planning on heading out there Sat. to look.

#7 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:20 PM

heres what the look like, you can somewhat tell what it looks like in the pic, except i welded a angle iron onto it to account for my lift Posted Image

#8 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:23 AM

heres what the look like, you can somewhat tell what it looks like in the pic, except i welded a angle iron onto it to account for my lift Posted Image

Is that a two tone paintjob on that? I like it!

#9 wesley willis

wesley willis

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • port alberni, bc, canada

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:46 AM

liberate a highway sign and make your own. :D

#10 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:47 AM

liberate a highway sign and make your own. :D

Don't waste my tax dollars please.

Go to a junkyard or steel yard and spend $15 of your own dollars, thanks.

#11 Interceptor2k

Interceptor2k

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for the cool pics. It looks great! Hopefully I'll score one this weekend.

#12 wesley willis

wesley willis

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • port alberni, bc, canada

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:11 PM

Don't waste my tax dollars please.

Go to a junkyard or steel yard and spend $15 of your own dollars, thanks.

ok, he could come to canada and waste MY tax dollars.

i've found road signs at the dump before, i don't really think theft is nessecary.

#13 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:15 AM

i've found road signs at the dump before, i don't really think theft is nessecary.

You're right; it's not nessecary.

#14 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:27 AM

You're right; it's not nessecary.

Around here the snowplows take them off the edge of the road and you can find them at the bottom of embankments often.

But, I really don't think the average road sign is strong enough for a skid plate anyway. It's rather thin aluminum, and most importantly, it's flat instead of currugated or formed for strength.

#15 operose

operose

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Potsdam

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:39 AM

Around here the snowplows take them off the edge of the road and you can find them at the bottom of embankments often.

But, I really don't think the average road sign is strong enough for a skid plate anyway. It's rather thin aluminum, and most importantly, it's flat instead of currugated or formed for strength.

what kinda road signs you got in them parts? ours are thick and heavy as hell

#16 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 29 September 2005 - 11:18 AM

Just because it's laying in the ditch doesnt mean it's yours.

Enough with the road sign BS. Buy a stock one or buy some steel and make one.

#17 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:11 PM

Just because it's laying in the ditch doesnt mean it's yours.

Enough with the road sign BS. Buy a stock one or buy some steel and make one.

i agree, if you can get one for like 10 bucks, i mean do you really need to "steel" one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users