Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale Skid Plate?

Well, there's the factory one, of course, which does a great job protecting the oil pan, but leaves the Y-pipe a little vulnerable. If yours, like mine was, has been taken off for some reason (or you're 2WD), you can get a factory skid off of any 4WD EA82.

Otherwise, you're looking at fabrication, as there simply aren't any mass-produced skids available for our old cars.

Well, there's the factory one, of course, which does a great job protecting the oil pan, but leaves the Y-pipe a little vulnerable. If yours, like mine was, has been taken off for some reason (or you're 2WD), you can get a factory skid off of any 4WD EA82.

Otherwise, you're looking at fabrication, as there simply aren't any mass-produced skids available for our old cars.

Thanks, Mines a 4WD, but does not have one. I will start calling the junkyards......

Cool. Shouldn't cost very much. I think I paid $5 for mine, although I pulled it myself. It's just 4 bolts, real easy. I'd bet someone around here would have one they could part with. You might want to make a post in the Marketplace and see if anybody's got one.

Cool. Shouldn't cost very much. I think I paid $5 for mine, although I pulled it myself. It's just 4 bolts, real easy. I'd bet someone around here would have one they could part with. You might want to make a post in the Marketplace and see if anybody's got one.

I've got an extra one, but shipping it from Colorado to Indiana won't be cheap... Let me know if you don't find one closer.

You're right; it's not nessecary.

Around here the snowplows take them off the edge of the road and you can find them at the bottom of embankments often.

But, I really don't think the average road sign is strong enough for a skid plate anyway. It's rather thin aluminum, and most importantly, it's flat instead of currugated or formed for strength.

Around here the snowplows take them off the edge of the road and you can find them at the bottom of embankments often.

But, I really don't think the average road sign is strong enough for a skid plate anyway. It's rather thin aluminum, and most importantly, it's flat instead of currugated or formed for strength.

what kinda road signs you got in them parts? ours are thick and heavy as hell